Biology Not a Science? I Prove It!

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea that biology is not a real science. The proof provided includes the fact that there are too many attractive biology majors, biology is in the news too much, people are not interested in science but are interested in evolution, people do not react to the word "biologist" with awe like they do with other science majors, there is too much memorization and not enough formulas in biology, biology is not explosive like other sciences, people don't misspell "biology", and biologists seen on TV are often women instead of men with receding hairlines. However, it is argued that this proof is weak and that biology is a legitimate science. The conversation also includes a discussion on how physicists are perceived
Monique said:
In biology, you don't need to go around making trouble for yourself-nature does it for you. :rolleyes:

"But that doesn't mean you can't give it your best shot anyway!"

Biology news on Phys.org
Physics rules, girls drool

Pengwuino said:
Physics rules, girls drool
and penguins smell bad

The hardest classes to cram for in descending order are physics, math, chemistry, and biology. Could this mean that by default of its level of cramablity that biology is not a science?

Gale said:
and penguins smell bad
When I lived in Iceland, the penguins I ate tasted pretty good...
zoobyshoe said:
Personally, I have been completely persuaded by young Pengwuino's logic and no longer count biology as a science.
<Serious post>

Last edited:
Mk said:
Gale said:
penguins smell bad.
When I lived in Iceland, the penguins I ate tasted pretty good...
You are hereby arrested by the geography police. Penguins don't live in Iceland, they live off, and on the coasts of Antarctica and Australia.

Mk said:
You are hereby arrested by the geography police. Penguins don't live in Iceland, they live off, and on the coasts of Antarctica and Australia.

I arrest you in the name of, the incompleteness police. Penguins also live in and around... South America, southern Africa, New Zealand, and the Galapagos islands (which are on the equator!).