News Is Iraq War a justice war?

I can't say Vanesch, it's not structured like a state. If it were up to me all action would be delayed untill something was agreed upon. However, If you cause damage to the community, you will have to repair that damage. And it's zapatismo.

What is this 'Collective Violence' supposed to represent anyways?

vanesch said:
And what if I do this in your Zapatisto system, and people vote against me doing that, and I say that I don't care about their system, I continue to do what I always did because it is the only way for me to make a great beer I'm fond of ? Am I, or am I not, going to face collective violence ?
That situation would not arise in a zapatismo system because private ownership of a resources, such as a river, is not recognized. You havn't answered my question.

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Smurf said:
What is this 'Collective Violence' supposed to represent anyways?
The same kind of response you would get as in a democracy, for instance when you go against the established rules. People (part time or full time police men and women) coming in, instructed by an authority (such as a people's convention) to use force upon me, going from simply taking me up and placing me somewhere, to shooting me down.

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Smurf said:
That situation would not arise in a zapatismo system because private ownership of a resources, such as a river, is not recognized. You havn't answered my question.
I do not need to "own" the river to pollute it. Imagine that I produce a lot of chemicals in order to produce my beer, and that I regularly dump them in the river, making the water unfit for consumption and I kill all the fish. I don't care because I don't like fish. Regularly, I come with my truck and dump the stuff. Is your people's assembly going to organize something to make me stop this or not ?
And don't come near my factory because I shoot on everybody that approaches...

Skyhunter

Smurf and Vanesch, you guys need to start your own thread and stop hi-jacking everyone elses to have your debate. :grumpy:

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Skyhunter said:
Smurf and Vanesch, you guys need to start your own thread and stop hi-jacking everyone elses to have your debate. :grumpy:
Ok, I guess you're right...

:blushing:

Psst Vanesch, we should move this thread to Skyhunter's (soon to be) newly hijacked "Do tax cuts pay for themselves" thread.

SOS2008

Gold Member
Or...you could PM Evo and ask her to split your posts from this thread to the new "stability of anarchy" thread. I've requested this on more than one occasion and have been kindly accommodated.

Hmm, I don't think Evo likes me very much right now