For Stewart,there are 2 books, one for single variable(calc i & II) and the other for multivariable(calc III). The second one is a kind of a rip off as it has the last two chapter from the first in it and is very much shorter yet is still over $100!
Stewart's book, and his competitor's, are generally over-priced. They have a lot of un-necessary crap: cd's, secret codes for a website, too too many applications, laughable 'explanations'. The book is about 200/300 pages to long, and $40-$50 too expensive.
It does have many questions, and it is suitable for people who are not so strong in mathematics, and for engineers, bio students, commerec students etc., not mathematicians and physicists.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving