Is Our Forum a Welcoming Community for New Scientists?

In summary, this forum has a great community of helpers and is a welcoming place for new members to learn and participate. However, it is important to use smilies appropriately as they can be interpreted differently.
zhangpujumbo
This is a very good forum, with many helpers:smile:

It'll be a good time for me to visit here:rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome :smile:

Welcome! You'll need to learn how to use smilies. Your smilies insinuate that you don't mean what you typed.

Evo said:
Welcome! You'll need to learn how to use smilies. Your smilies insinuate that you don't mean what you typed.

Thank u for ur suggestion, but at least u know what I mean~~~

Evo said:

Just what I was thinking :bugeye:

You should have probably used these

Instead of the first one, anyone of these: :approve: :cool: :smile: :shy: :!) :-p :biggrin: :blushing: :-p

For the second one, the same applies...
Have a good time on this forum!:smile:

Welcome, hope you enjoy it here!

zhangpujumbo said:
This is a very good forum, with many helpers:smile:

It'll be a good time for me to visit here:rolleyes:

Visit!?

Who said you can leave!?

Welcome to PF. :biggrin:

I feel such a warm welcome here!

Thank u all:smile:

Welcome to PF zhangpujumbo!

welcome. Most new people are scared off in the first few days. those who don't...never leave:bugeye:

except for banned people and Townsend

Related to Is Our Forum a Welcoming Community for New Scientists?

1. What is the purpose of this forum?

The purpose of this forum is to provide a platform for individuals to ask questions, seek advice, and share knowledge related to a specific topic or field.

2. How do I join this forum?

To join this forum, simply click on the "Sign Up" or "Register" button on the homepage and follow the prompts to create an account. Alternatively, you can also sign up using your social media accounts.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in this forum?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines that all members must adhere to in order to maintain a respectful and productive community. These rules may include things like no hate speech, no spamming, and no sharing of personal information.

4. Can I post anonymously on this forum?

Yes, most forums allow members to post anonymously. However, some forums may require users to create an account and log in before they can post anything.

5. How can I contribute to this forum?

There are several ways to contribute to this forum. You can share your knowledge and expertise by answering questions, starting discussions, or providing helpful resources. You can also engage with other members by commenting on their posts and providing feedback. Additionally, you can help moderate the forum by reporting any inappropriate content or behavior.