Can the Weight Added to a Cone be Equal to the Weight Suppressed by a Helicoid?

In summary, by manipulating the relative pressure, it is possible to control the overall pressure and weight of a system.
Gh778
I try to compare relative pressure and global pressure. The pressure of water on the cone give the weight of the water. I put a part of helicoid in water, this helicoid can only turn. I chose the slopes and thickness of the helicoid like there is no torque on it, p2>p1 but s1>s2, I think it's possible to have C1=C2 or p1*s1*r1=p2*s2*r2. If there is no torque on the helicoid I can turn it without need energy. Like this I have suppress part of surface of the cone, so a part of its weight. Sure like I put part of helicoid in water I had weight, the weight is give like a local differential pressure, it don't depend of the position (d in drawing). The surface canceled, in the contrary, depend of the position at bottom we suppress more weight than at top. So if it's possible to cancel the torque on the helicoid, how the weight added in the cone is equal at the weight suppress to the cone ? I think this is the same study with other pressure created by electrostatic or magnet.

Attachments

• a1.png
    a1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 440
  • a2.png
    a2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 441
  • a3.png
    a3.png
    9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Relative pressure refers to the difference in pressure between two points. For example, the pressure at the bottom of the cone would be higher than the pressure at the top of the cone. Global pressure refers to the overall pressure of a given system. For example, the pressure of water on the cone gives the weight of the water.In order to compare relative pressure and global pressure, we must consider how the pressure is affected by the addition or removal of the helicoid. If there is no torque on the helicoid, then it can be turned without the need for energy. This means that some of the surface area of the cone is suppressed, resulting in a decrease in the weight of the cone. However, the added weight of the helicoid is still affecting the overall pressure of the system. To answer the question of how the weight added to the cone is equal to the weight suppressed from the cone, we must consider the effect that the helicoid has on the relative pressure. The amount of pressure at the bottom of the cone is higher than the pressure at the top of the cone, and this difference is affected by the addition or removal of the helicoid. By controlling the slope and thickness of the helicoid, it is possible to ensure that the pressure difference remains constant (C1=C2 or p1*s1*r1=p2*s2*r2). This means that the weight added and the weight suppressed are exactly equal. The same principles apply to other types of pressure, such as electrostatic or magnetic pressure. By controlling the slope and thickness of the material, it is possible to ensure that the pressure difference remains constant, and that the weight added is equal to the weight suppressed.

1. Is pressure the same as weight?

No, pressure and weight are two different physical quantities. Pressure is defined as the force exerted per unit area, while weight is the force of gravity acting on an object.

2. How does pressure relate to weight?

Pressure and weight are related through the area over which the weight is distributed. For example, if you stand on a small surface area, the pressure exerted by your weight will be larger compared to standing on a larger surface area.

3. Can pressure replace weight in calculations?

No, pressure cannot replace weight in calculations as they are two different measurements. However, pressure can be used in conjunction with other factors, such as area and volume, to calculate weight.

4. Does pressure affect weight?

Yes, pressure can affect weight in certain situations. For example, in a fluid, the weight of an object may change due to the pressure exerted by the fluid on the object.

5. Is pressure measured in the same units as weight?

No, pressure and weight are measured in different units. Pressure is typically measured in units such as Pascals or atmospheres, while weight is measured in units of force, such as Newtons or pounds.