Is the Universe Fluid and Magnified? Exploring a New Theory

• Thread starter soft_rain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Space
In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of whether the images we see in space may already be magnified, similar to how a camera lens can zoom in and out. The conversation also touches on the expansion of the universe and the theories surrounding it, such as the General Theory of Relativity and the idea of the universe being "fluid". The possibility of the universe being smaller than estimated is also mentioned. There is also a mention of the Lorenz Attractor and its potential impact on our understanding of the universe.
soft_rain
Could what we're looking at in space already be magnified, but we just don't realize it? I can take an ordinary camera and zoom out, then zoom in. The image moves and gets larger (the big bang?) or smaller. Just wondering if space is displaying this sort of behavior? I suppose it would take some outside manipulation to do this (as in the person operating the camera).

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The universe is expanding, but knowbody knows what is causing the expansion. The expanding was deduced as a consequence of the General Theory of Relativity (GTR) and later experimentally confirmed by Edwin Hubble. The expansion is only indirectly derived from GTR but knowbody knows what started it in the first place. Its just like nobody knows what caused the Big bang

Very good topic soft rain

soft_rain said:
I can take an ordinary camera and zoom out, then zoom in. The image moves and gets larger (the big bang?) or smaller.
i didn't understand ur application of big bang in this example...

varsha said:
i didn't understand ur application of big bang in this example...

A camera lens "expands" the image into a much larger or much smaller frame of reference. This seems like a most natural thing to be occurring in space as to what we actually are seeing. I don't believe the sizes of the universe that have been estimated. It could actually be very tiny.

Just like when you swim underwater, if you open your eyes under water, you get a magnification effect. Objects are bigger. I've heard new theories of the universe being "fluid". Maybe that is what is happening...

Last edited:
Sometimes I imagine myself riding a trajectory in the Lorenz Attractor and wondering . . . what an infinitely unfolding world all about me.:smile:

What do you mean by "magnified" here?

soft_rain said:
A camera lens "expands" the image into a much larger or much smaller frame of reference. This seems like a most natural thing to be occurring in space as to what we actually are seeing. I don't believe the sizes of the universe that have been estimated. It could actually be very tiny.

Just like when you swim underwater, if you open your eyes under water, you get a magnification effect. Objects are bigger. I've heard new theories of the universe being "fluid". Maybe that is what is happening...
u have a distinct way of thinking. i like it a lot. I'm glad i came across this forum. there r so many people i can be inspired by...:smile:

1. How do we know if space is already magnified?

Scientists use powerful telescopes and other instruments to measure the distance and size of objects in space. By comparing these measurements to theoretical predictions, they can determine if space is magnified.

2. Why would space be magnified?

Space can be magnified due to the effects of gravity, which can bend and distort light as it travels through space. This can make distant objects appear larger and closer than they actually are.

3. Are there any examples of magnified space?

Yes, there are many examples of magnified space in the universe. For instance, the phenomenon of gravitational lensing occurs when the gravity of a massive object, such as a galaxy or cluster of galaxies, bends and magnifies light from more distant objects behind it.

4. How does magnified space affect our understanding of the universe?

Magnified space can provide valuable insights into the structure and evolution of the universe. By studying the magnification of distant objects, scientists can learn about the distribution of matter and the effects of dark matter and dark energy on the expansion of the universe.

5. Can we artificially magnify space?

Yes, scientists are able to artificially magnify space using techniques such as gravitational lensing and using powerful telescopes and other instruments. This allows us to study and observe objects and phenomena in space that would otherwise be too small or distant to see clearly.