Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is space travel possible?

1. Apr 24, 2009 #1
    Space travel is possible (or not) not more than time travel is.

Do you thing that you can travel back and forward in space? You may THINK that you can, but you can't.
    We all travel with earth, and earth travels with sun, and sun travels... etc.
    The final velocity is too high to reach with any technology, so we can't cancel it or reverse it.
    It's impossible to go back in space! As it is impossible to go back in time.

So:
    - We ALL travel only forward in space and time.

- The small variances in our velocity is more noticeable in space than in time
    (this is due to the very high speed the light has according to our perception).

- Forget about time travelling and think about space travelling first!

Any comment?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2009 #2

CompuChip

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You mean that when I leave home to go to work in the morning, I can't go back?

4. Apr 24, 2009 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I take it, then, that you have no idea what "relative velocity" means!

5. Apr 24, 2009 #4

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This is pretty much nonsense. It does not belong in the Relativity fourm, perhaps GD is a better place for it. Moved.

6. Apr 24, 2009 #5
    ...what are you smoking, man?

7. Apr 24, 2009 #6
    You mean the sandwich I brought to work is stuck in the refrigerator forever? But I'm so hungry. I'll have to wait until I get home to eat.

Wait. I can't go home either. I'm doomed to roam the Earth for the rest of my life, without home or love. :(

You win this time, unidirectional, apparently 2-D Space.

8. Apr 24, 2009 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No comprende.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook