Is the Bytronic ICT3 Conveyer Synchronized with PLC Scan Time?

• Thread starter Connorm1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plc
In summary, LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 is a software program used for simulating PLCs for industrial automation. It has a user-friendly interface and features such as real-time monitoring and troubleshooting. It is suitable for beginners and can be used for educational purposes. However, it is only compatible with Bytronic PLC models.
Connorm1
Homework Statement
So basically im programming for my studys on the Bytronic ICT3 via ladsim. I have everything sort of working but the method in which i have used for accepting/rejectiing just isn't reliable enough and i don't know how i can further improve it.

I've tried to make the conveyor for OP4 act as a kind of encoder but i think my scan timer for the bit shift isn't good enough but only having 16 bit address I'm limited.

This is my current layout for the rungs.

Rung 7 - --||IP8--|/|IP3-----( )R1(bit0)
Rung 8 - --||O4(conveyor)--|/|T2------( )T2
Rung 9 - --||T2----------( )R1/0
Rung 10- --|/|R1(bit 8)--||IP5-----( )O3

So what we have in this sequence is IP3 (Ring assembled) High signal and IP8(Belt peg detected) low signal. IP4 is component detect. OP3 is reject cylinder and IP5 is reject sensor. OP4 is the second conveyor.

As above this works but every so often the timings will be off causing it to reject when it shouldn't (potentially bit gone past/or bit hasn't been met)
Relevant Equations
None.
Attempt as above. image attached of Bytronic ICT3

Attachments

• ICT3_3.jpg
    ICT3_3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 331
Physics news on Phys.org
A scan clock ticks each time a program scan is completed (or every other scan depending on implementation.) Does the conveyer free-run at its own speed or is it somehow locked to the PLC scan time?

Cheers,
Tom

Related to Is the Bytronic ICT3 Conveyer Synchronized with PLC Scan Time?

1. What is LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3?

LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 is a software program used for simulating Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). It allows users to create and test PLC programs without the need for physical hardware.

2. What is the purpose of LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3?

The purpose of LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 is to provide a virtual environment for users to learn, practice, and test their PLC programming skills. It can also be used for troubleshooting and debugging PLC programs.

3. Is LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 suitable for beginners?

Yes, LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 is designed to be user-friendly and is suitable for beginners. It provides a simple and intuitive interface for creating and testing PLC programs, making it a great tool for learning the basics of PLC programming.

4. Can LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 be used for industrial applications?

While LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3 is primarily used for educational purposes, it can also be used for industrial applications. However, it is not recommended for use in critical or high-risk environments as it is a simulation software and does not have the same level of reliability as physical PLCs.

5. Are there any resources available for learning how to use LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3?

Yes, there are various resources available for learning how to use LADSIM PLC Bytronic ICT3. These include user manuals, online tutorials, and instructional videos. Bytronic, the developer of the software, also offers training courses for those who want to further improve their skills.