Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is the Thermal Background of the Universe opaque for certain waves?

1. May 16, 2004 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2004 #2
    How about neutrino resonances? (Do you mean "opaque" or "zero resistance"?)
  4. May 17, 2004 #3
    Sorry for being so vague Loren, but there is more to the question I had in mind. I definatly mean Opaque, and if I am looking for is the 'coldest' possible energy 'waves'?

The 'fabric' of Space diffracts energy according to the amplitude(with respect to direction), for the 'new kind of matter', I presume that there is 'NO' many paths for light travelling through a 'medium-like' supersolid state.

The QM theory uses the 'many-paths' as a foundational bedrock, I think Feynman would be questioning his path integral formilization, all paths are mono-directional!
  5. May 17, 2004 #4
    "Coldest" waves? Gravitational waves from inflation.
  6. May 18, 2004 #5
    The dynamical Arrow of Time.

I knew I had some issue's with a discrete action of particles of light(photons) travelling through Space and through a Spacetime.

Seems Feynman did to!..going through my books on Feynman, I found what I was looking for, but I am going to give it another rigourous reading, but here's what Feynman says:In this example, the photons travel through space to get to the detectors-they are neither reflected nor transmitted-so now is a good time for me to stop disregarding the fact that light spreads out as it goes along. I now present you with the complete rule for monochromatic light travelling from one point for another through space-there is nothing approximate here, and no simplification.END QUOTE.

This is very interesting from my perspective as I had asked in another thread about the dispersion of photons from one location to another, spreading out of hv,(as many people ask similar questions to a photons behaviour!).

But for now I am going to reflect on Feynmans workings for a day or two?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?