Is their a secret, a huge one?

• Thread starter HIGHLYTOXIC
  • Start date
In summary: AR SCIENCEIn summary, Radar science is the study of radio waves and their effects on objects and structures.
HIGHLYTOXIC
If you have any knowledge about Hindu mythology, there's a lot of work on something called "Maya"...Maya is a hindi word which means "fake, unreal, fantasy or imagination"...

Most religious books say that "Maya" is designed to prevent men from reaching his actual goal in life, and that's to attain "Moksha"..."Moksha" inturn means "Freedom from the fake world, freedom from Maya, freedom from the cycle of birth & death"...

It also says that a man can defy all laws of nature at his will...

It says that this world is designed to make men occupied with fake but attractive things and thus hamper their actual purpose..

Doesnt this sound like Matrix? There was this talk that the concept of Matrix was infact taken from this Hindu belief...

So is this possible that it is actually a fake world designed to keep us occupied...Is this all fake & unreal? Can we actually defy all laws of nature at our will?

Physics news on Phys.org
This kind of idea is pervasive throughout religions around the world whether they explicitely call our world an illusion or not. In general, union with God is always considered the ultimate reality and, of course, God can do whatever God wants. However, philosophically and psychologically speaking, the idea can also be viewed in more personal terms.

For example, Galileo proved Aristotle was wrong, that heavier objects do not fall faster than light ones. Did Galileo discover something about reality, or was his actually a creative act? Did he somehow create a new reality where heavier objects fall at the same rate as lighter ones? Similarly, when we attempt to measure subnuclear particles are we creating the particles we observe or discovering them?

Along these same lines, if we can change the laws of nature at will, can this be considered yet another law of nature?

Words only have demonstrable meaning according their function in a given context.

personally, i don't like the terms fake or illusion. they imply that this world is worthless or meaningless.

i believe that this world is valid and what the various ideas were trying to say with one word, was that there is a broader reality that includes the physical world. i prefer to think that the wise men of history were saying 'don't get lost in the temporal (illusionary) rewards'.

this experience is real and has meaning. we have the luxury of honing our skills of energy manipulation within the laws of physics. i suspect that this greater or broader reality is much more freeform (which intuitively, leads us to believe in chaos theory).

we are here to have fun playing with the physical world to understand our role in the universe and learn how we create our experience. the difficult part is understanding that this happens on many levels (dimensions). within QT, how does the observer of an event affect the event?

perhaps we will rediscover the insights of the wisemen of yore and understand how this world is used to expand our awareness of ourselves. we, thus, enhance our abilities in other realms of the universe.

love&peace,
olde drunk

Secret huge one?

In my town there is no "secret huge one" Most of the girls know of my anatomy (just kidding)

Maya does mean illusion but I think the world appears to us as 'maya" because our thoughts distort the truth, not the truth distorts our thoughts.

RAD

1. What is the secret and why is it considered huge?

The secret is a piece of information that is not known or shared with others. It is considered huge because it has the potential to greatly impact and change people's lives or society as a whole.

2. How did the secret come to be and who knows about it?

The secret may have originated from various sources such as individuals, organizations, or events. As for who knows about it, it depends on the nature of the secret and who has been exposed to it. Some secrets may be known by a select few, while others may be widely known.

3. Is the secret harmful or beneficial?

This depends on the specific secret in question. Some secrets may have negative consequences if revealed, while others may bring about positive outcomes. It all depends on the context and impact of the secret.

4. Can the secret be uncovered or is it meant to remain hidden?

It is possible for the secret to be uncovered, but it ultimately depends on who knows about it and their willingness to share the information. Some secrets may have measures in place to prevent them from being revealed, while others may eventually come to light.

5. Are there any ethical concerns surrounding the secret?

This also depends on the nature of the secret. Some secrets may involve ethical dilemmas and raise questions about morality and responsibility. It is important to consider the potential consequences before deciding to reveal or keep a secret.