Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there a name for this construction?

  1. Feb 10, 2010 #1
    So I was talking with a friend about a problem and noticed the following construction arose naturally:

    For a category C, let F(C) be the category where objects are objects in C, arrows are finite lists of arrows, identity is the list {id}, and composition is defined by tensoring as follows:

    {f_1,...f_n} comp {g_1, ... g_m} = {f_1g_1, ...f_1g_m, f_2g_1, ... f_2g_m, ... f_ng_m}

    is there a name for this construction?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    I haven't seen it before (but that doesn't say much). In what context did it appear?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook