Raghav Gupta
- 1,010
- 76
I've seen the vice-versa of it by using a hotspot but when use on mobile it asks for mobile data.
Why can't it only share the wifi?
Why can't it only share the wifi?
I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you mean trying to connect your laptop to the internet through your cell phone? There are cellular devices that can be used for laptops. Some devices can support multiple devices. You would need to check with your cell phone provider about what they offer.Raghav Gupta said:I've seen the vice-versa of it by using a hotspot but when use on mobile it asks for mobile data.
Why can't it only share the wifi?
You can tether the mobile to the laptop but you are right, it uses data which can go quickly.Raghav Gupta said:I've seen the vice-versa of it by using a hotspot but when use on mobile it asks for mobile data.
Why can't it only share the wifi?
But if we disable mobile data and we are getting net from a wireless router and we have to send this network to a laptop then?Borek said:Your mobile gets the data from the 3G or 4G mobile network, then shares it over WiFi.
If you have a router with Internet then what do you need the mobile hotspot for? Are you trying to use it like a repeater?Raghav Gupta said:But if we disable mobile data and we are getting net from a wireless router and we have to send this network to a laptop then?
As I can connect only one device to the router at a time, that's why. Yes as a wireless repeater. PC's can be made wireless repeaters by using connectify app but for mobiles how?Greg Bernhardt said:If you have a router with Internet then what do you need the mobile hotspot for? Are you trying to use it like a repeater?
StevieTNZ said:Made the hot spot while connected to the wireless router. Connected my tablet to my phone, but I was unable to share the connection my phone had.
Might be different on other phones.
Interesting, I shall try that later (as well as NascentOxygen's suggestion, using bluetooth).billy_joule said:I had the same result.
I was however able to have internet access on both my phone and desktop via the phones wifi using a usb tether.
You should, firstly, approach the IT technical support at your university about this issue, to see if they can help.Raghav Gupta said:Also a weird thing happens, when I connect mobile to it. It automatically logs out after 15 min if I am active also but not in case laptop if I am active.
Every student has having that problem, but then also it is kind of weird. I think it is for security reasons.StevieTNZ said:You should, firstly, approach the IT technical support at your university about this issue, to see if they can help.
Raghav Gupta said:I think it is for security reasons.
Yes, it is true.StevieTNZ said:Well, I suspect Raghav is using one device (the cellphone) but experiences a timeout within 15 mins despite 'being active'. Yet this does not occur on the laptop (and before this point there was no use of bluetooth from phone to laptop sharing the wireless signal).