Is there a word for the Group with metals, metalloids and non-metals

  • Thread starter Thread starter GingerNinja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Group Metals
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
GingerNinja
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I was just wondering what the word is that describes the group of Metals and Non-Metals and Metalloids.

like
Hydrogen, Calcium, Carbon are all Elements

Metals, Metalloids and Non-Metals are all _______

If there happens to be no such word please comment so.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Metals, metalloids, non metals come under elements only. They are different TYPES of elements. As to ur three other questions...I would like to know what u r specifically asking.
 
I'm wondering what exactly is the word used to group metals, non-metals and metalloids.
 
GingerNinja said:
I'm wondering what exactly is the word used to group metals, non-metals and metalloids.

The Periodic Table is split into three groups: metals, non-metals and metalloids. Those three groups ARE the periodic table. So the only answer to your fill-in-the-blank is "Elements."
 
Rapier said:
The Periodic Table is split into three groups: metals, non-metals and metalloids. Those three groups ARE the periodic table. So the only answer to your fill-in-the-blank is "Elements."

But the word "group" in the periodic table is already used (for the vertical columns 1-8).
 
GingerNinja said:
Metals...and Non-Metals are all _______

Perhaps I misunderstand the question:

Is the answer not simply matter ?
 
Thanks for trying but that's pretty vague, like saying that Toshiba laptops, Mac laptops and Acer laptops are all technology. Perhaps there is no word.