Is Video a Dying Technology? See for Yourself in this Photo-Comic!

• Thread starter omega2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, despite the decline of new video releases and the rise of digital technology, VHS tapes are still widely available and used, and video stores are still thriving. However, in the UK, the official death of the VHS format was declared last year. This was not unexpected, as the decline of VHS has been evident for several years.
omega2
hello! Video is a dying technology as this photo-comic i made illustrates:-
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/803/vidvoid24cx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not quite.

Video may be dead as far as new releases go, but there are still billions of perfectly good, playable VHS tapes out there, many with rare and hard-to-find titles that have not been (and may never be) released on DVD. The independently-owned video store in my neighborhood is still 90% VHS and still going strong, I just rented some tapes from them last week. I still use my VCR regularly and I have no intention of giving it up any time soon. Video will be around for many, many years to come.

Writing's been on the wall for the last six or so years.

No surprise there.

1. Is video really dying as a technology?

The short answer is no. Video is still a widely used and evolving technology. While there may be some changes in the way videos are consumed and created, it is far from dying.

2. What evidence is there to support the idea that video is dying?

The idea that video is dying is often based on the decline of traditional forms of video, such as cable television, and the rise of newer forms like streaming services. However, these changes do not necessarily mean that video as a whole is dying.

3. What are some examples of how video is still being used in our daily lives?

Video continues to be used in various ways, such as for communication, entertainment, education, and advertising. Video conferencing, social media videos, and online courses are just a few examples of how video is still very much a part of our daily lives.

4. How is video technology evolving?

Video technology is constantly evolving, with advancements in areas such as virtual reality, 360-degree video, and live streaming. These developments are creating new opportunities for video content creators and changing the way we interact with video.

5. Will video continue to be an important technology in the future?

It is likely that video will continue to be an important technology in the future. As technology continues to advance, video will likely become even more integrated into our daily lives and the ways in which we consume and create video content will continue to evolve.