Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

It's raining outside

1. Jul 26, 2006 #1
    It's raining outside and I am stuck in my lab. I don't mind getting wet but my headphones will surely do. My stomach is :cry: ing for food.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

Cyborgs :uhh:

4. Jul 26, 2006 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Why can't you remove your headphones?

5. Jul 26, 2006 #4
    Putting a plastic bag over your head should fix the earphone problem :biggrin:

6. Jul 26, 2006 #5
    I got my roommate here with an umbrella. Thanks for your concern. :biggrin:

7. Jul 26, 2006 #6

J77

Rain?

I think I remember that...

8. Jul 26, 2006 #7
    You in India then? Amazing!:biggrin:

9. Jul 26, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're more worried about your earphones than food? Yet, somehow the species continues to survive... :uhh:

Yomamma and Pengwuino might want to have a talk with you about encroaching on their territory of pointless threads. :rolleyes:

10. Jul 26, 2006 #9
    Don't you have a bag, or pocket, or can't you leave your headphones in a lab and go? C'mon, it's only rain...

11. Jul 26, 2006 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Yes, long, long ago, water fell from the sky, and all about was green and lush, fish swam in rivers and ducks floated on ponds.

12. Jul 26, 2006 #11
    Headphones wont break if you get them wet, well maybe the speaker cones if its realy wet.

I think the plastic bag option carries a definite risk of suffocation :rofl:

13. Jul 27, 2006 #12
    I don't have a bag right now, but yesterday's rain makes me feel that I must get one ASAP. More importantly, I forgot my cell phone to mention which is many times more costly than the headphones. :blushing:

14. Jul 27, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rolleyes: You know, the world would not come to an end if you were to leave all your "gadgets" in your desk drawer. I know it's a strange concept to many young people, but we actually used to let the phone ring without anyone there to answer it, and people lived through it. If the call is important, they'll leave a message or call back later. You'll also survive if you don't have music piped directly into your ears everywhere you go. Indeed, some people even prefer it, and find the sound of falling rain to be soothing.

15. Jul 27, 2006 #14
    There is no drawer here. :rolleyes: And although if I would have been able to keep my cell here, I would not have since it is also my alarm clock. I don't want to miss classes, because I need 85%min or I fail, or I will also fail even if I miss classes.
    I need at least 4 alarms to wake me up in the morning though, and sometimes even that is not enough. :zzz:

16. Jul 27, 2006 #15

Mk

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Everybody knows scientists stuck in their lab can't remove their headphones!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?