Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Javascript signature help

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    I was wanting to have a simple copy of the Deep Impact countdown on my signature in another forum. i've really been racking my brain trying to figure this out, and to no avail.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

B. Elliott
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2
    Do their forums allow javascript?

If not, you could always try using flash.
  4. Jun 11, 2005 #3
    They do allow for javascript. Would flash be easier? (i'm ignorant when it comes to coding):frown:
  5. Jun 11, 2005 #4
    I would probably do it in flash. I am not sure if you could say either is easier: It is a matter of whether or not you know what you are doing. Flash would give you a little more control of the looks, imo, and you could add some other cool stuff if you wanted to.
  6. Jun 11, 2005 #5
    Ok, i've found quite a few so far, but none work as expected. There HAS to be a simpler way to do it. For instance, 4-6 lines of code rather than 200-1,000.

no fancy border or texturing or anything. just a counter with "days, hours, min, seconds." thats it.

thankyou for the help btw.
  7. Jun 12, 2005 #6
    Yeah that is another reason why I was thinking flash would be easier. Mainly because most forums have a limit on the number of characters in a signature.

I saw this one that had roughly 40ish lines, not sure about the characters though.

8. Jun 17, 2005 #7
    I had to play with it a little but, ended up working well. thanks again!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?