Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Javascript signature help

1. Jun 11, 2005 #1
    I was wanting to have a simple copy of the Deep Impact countdown on my signature in another forum. i've really been racking my brain trying to figure this out, and to no avail.

http://www.space.com/deepimpact/

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

B. Elliott

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2
    Do their forums allow javascript?

If not, you could always try using flash.

4. Jun 11, 2005 #3
    They do allow for javascript. Would flash be easier? (i'm ignorant when it comes to coding):frown:

5. Jun 11, 2005 #4
    I would probably do it in flash. I am not sure if you could say either is easier: It is a matter of whether or not you know what you are doing. Flash would give you a little more control of the looks, imo, and you could add some other cool stuff if you wanted to.

6. Jun 11, 2005 #5
    Ok, i've found quite a few so far, but none work as expected. There HAS to be a simpler way to do it. For instance, 4-6 lines of code rather than 200-1,000.

no fancy border or texturing or anything. just a counter with "days, hours, min, seconds." thats it.

thankyou for the help btw.

7. Jun 12, 2005 #6
    Yeah that is another reason why I was thinking flash would be easier. Mainly because most forums have a limit on the number of characters in a signature.

I saw this one that had roughly 40ish lines, not sure about the characters though.

http://www.tdscripts.com/jscountdown.html

8. Jun 17, 2005 #7
    I had to play with it a little but, ended up working well. thanks again!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?