Jobs for those with a masters/phd in Applied Mathematics

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Skrew
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
What are my job options if I got a masters or PhD in applied mathematics?

I have no interest in teaching.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Skrew said:
What are my job options if I got a masters or PhD in applied mathematics?

I have no interest in teaching.

Hey Skrew.

Did you have a particular field or concentration in mind or is this a general question for any applied mathematics PhD?
 
To the OP,

Applied mathematics is a diverse field with many areas of specialization, so it would help to know what your precise interests are.

That being said, there are many job options out there for those with graduate degrees in applied mathematics. Among the people I know with applied math Msc/PhD's include those working in software development, technical writing, engineering, finance, business consulting, medical imaging, statistics/analytics, actuarial analysis, and academia.

It's also worth pointing out that an undergraduate degree in applied math also gives excellent preparation to pursue graduate degrees in fields such as physics, engineering, computer science, statistics or operations research, and is often looked upon highly when applying to professional programs (medical school, law school, MBA program).
 
Last edited: