Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Journal Impact Factor

1. Oct 29, 2003 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Where to find those? I thought it was on the ISI Journal Citation Report website, but I have been going around in circles without finding anything..

How about citation finder?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2003 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, I think it is www.jcrweb.com and only institutions are allowed to view the page, me: "Your IP address is invalid for this session. You will need to establish a new session if you wish to continue." :(

4. Oct 30, 2003 #3

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I would ahve been pretty confident that ISI had it. I know it was through ISI that you find the most cited person etc.

Give me a try....

5. Oct 30, 2003 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, I once used ISI to look up all the articles that cited a certain publications. It is pretty cool for looking up your own publication and see the impact its having..

I couldn't find the tool, I guess a login is required.

But Google comes to the rescue! :wink:

The journal I was looking for was the American Journal of Human Genetics, which has an impact factor of about 10.6, Nature would be 30.4 (!), Nature Genetics 26.7, Human Molecular Genetics 9.0 etc

6. Oct 30, 2003 #5

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would actually like to see a graph, with all the journals and see the distribution of the impact factor, what would the curve look like?

7. Oct 30, 2003 #6

Another God

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I found the most cited person page again. I couldn't find the journal impact thing though. I considered doing Google, but I assumed you would have already done that.

8. Oct 30, 2003 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Most cited person, but how about just look up citated publications in general?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?