Are These Connectors JST PH or JST XH?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
In summary: So now I am back at square one.In summary, the person is trying to find adapters for a LiPO battery and charger, but is not sure what type to order.
Borek
Mentor
Actually I am not even sure it is JST.

Long story short: I have two devices that I have to connect, but they use different connectors (I am perfectly sure it is OK to connect them, one is a balancer cable for multicell LiPO battery, the other is a balancer board for a LiPO charger).

adapter.jpg

There is an adapter board with male connectors, and a female plug. Unless my eye sight fails me, plugs on the board are 2 mm apart, pins in the plug are 2.5 mm apart. That suggests JST PH and JST XH connectors - but I am not sure. Can anyone comment? I can take another picture from the side if needed, just tell me.

I am not convinced I will make one, could be I will just look to buy one, but I want to know the type first (to prove to some people they are idiots ;) ).

Engineering news on Phys.org
do the tabs on the connector line up? if it plugs in and the tabs line up then Id say its a go...

Will PF go down if you're wrong? just asking...

Also found this identifier mapping:

battery-connector.jpg

Borek said:
Unless my eye sight fails me, plugs on the board are 2 mm apart, pins in the plug are 2.5 mm apart. That suggests JST PH and JST XH connectors
Yep. Looks that way to me also. So http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230652551778?lpid=82 (Scroll down to see other pin count adapters).

?temp_hash=b31e7897c5017e99cfc3147262e0db56.jpg

Attachments

• JTSconnect.jpg
    JTSconnect.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,686
jedishrfu said:
if it plugs in

The one I have doesn't, and I have no time to go shopping, so I am trying to find out what to order.

Will PF go down if you're wrong?

We'll see. Unlikely, but can't be completely excluded.

The identifier mapping picture didn't help directly, but definitely gave me some ideas. Plus, turned out it is used on many sites, so google image search yielded several pages with additional information.

dlgoff said:
Yep. Looks that way to me also. So http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/230652551778?lpid=82 (Scroll down to see other pin count adapters).

?temp_hash=b31e7897c5017e99cfc3147262e0db56.jpg

Looks like of those similar (I have a 3S battery) would do the trick. But after combining keywords from your posts and several places I visited I was able to google this page: http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors - and I am definitely starting to see how these things are organized in the RC model world.

Thanks to both of you :)

Nope, I still don't have all connectors, so I have not plugged these things.

I went to a RC shop in Warsaw today only to learn they don't have another cable/adapter I need.

1. What are JST connectors?

JST connectors, also known as Japan Solderless Terminals, are a type of electrical connector commonly used in electronic devices. They come in various sizes and shapes and are designed to provide a secure and reliable connection between different components.

2. How do I identify a JST connector?

The best way to identify a JST connector is by looking at its shape and size. JST connectors typically have a rectangular shape with a specific number of pins or contacts. You can also check for the JST logo, which is usually imprinted on the connector.

3. What are the different types of JST connectors?

There are several types of JST connectors, including SH, ZH, PH, XH, and VH series. Each series has its own unique shape, size, and pin configuration. It is essential to identify the specific series of JST connector you need to ensure compatibility with your device.

4. How do I determine the gender of a JST connector?

JST connectors come in male and female versions. The gender of a JST connector can be determined by looking at the shape of the pins. Male connectors have exposed pins, while female connectors have sockets to receive the pins. You can also refer to the product code or datasheet for the connector, which typically indicates the gender.

5. Where can I find help with identifying JST connectors?

If you are having trouble identifying a JST connector, you can consult the manufacturer's website or contact their customer support for assistance. You can also refer to online resources or forums where experts and enthusiasts can provide guidance and advice on identifying JST connectors.