Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

JST (?) adapter

1. Nov 23, 2014 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Actually I am not even sure it is JST.

Long story short: I have two devices that I have to connect, but they use different connectors (I am perfectly sure it is OK to connect them, one is a balancer cable for multicell LiPO battery, the other is a balancer board for a LiPO charger).

adapter.jpg

There is an adapter board with male connectors, and a female plug. Unless my eye sight fails me, plugs on the board are 2 mm apart, pins in the plug are 2.5 mm apart. That suggests JST PH and JST XH connectors - but I am not sure. Can anyone comment? I can take another picture from the side if needed, just tell me.

I am not convinced I will make one, could be I will just look to buy one, but I want to know the type first (to prove to some people they are idiots ;) ).

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2014 #2

jedishrfu

do the tabs on the connector line up? if it plugs in and the tabs line up then Id say its a go...

Will PF go down if you're wrong? just asking...

Also found this identifier mapping:

battery-connector.jpg

4. Nov 23, 2014 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep. Looks that way to me also. So here you go (Scroll down to see other pin count adapters).

?temp_hash=b31e7897c5017e99cfc3147262e0db56.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Nov 24, 2014 #4

Borek

The one I have doesn't, and I have no time to go shopping, so I am trying to find out what to order.

We'll see. Unlikely, but can't be completely excluded.

The identifier mapping picture didn't help directly, but definitely gave me some ideas. Plus, turned out it is used on many sites, so google image search yielded several pages with additional information.

6. Nov 24, 2014 #5

Borek

Looks like of those similar (I have a 3S battery) would do the trick. But after combining keywords from your posts and several places I visited I was able to google this page: http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors - and I am definitely starting to see how these things are organized in the RC model world.

Thanks to both of you :)

7. Nov 25, 2014 #6

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

8. Nov 25, 2014 #7

jedishrfu

PF is still up so I guess you succeeded :-)

9. Nov 25, 2014 #8

Borek

Nope, I still don't have all connectors, so I have not plugged these things.

I went to a RC shop in Warsaw today only to learn they don't have another cable/adapter I need.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook