Is there a place for silly questions in the world of physics and quantum?

• Thread starter PG1
  • Start date
In summary, while physics and quantum are complex and serious fields of study, there is still room for silly questions and ideas. These seemingly frivolous inquiries can spark creativity and lead to new discoveries in science. However, it is important to approach these questions with a critical and analytical mindset to ensure that they contribute to the advancement of knowledge rather than hinder it. Additionally, the concept of "silly" is subjective and what may seem silly to one person could be a valuable and thought-provoking question to another. Ultimately, a balance of serious research and playful exploration is crucial in the world of physics and quantum.
PG1
How did you find PF?
Google
Hi all,

My name is Peter, and I am an old fart from the Netherlands. I have no formal education in any of this stuff, but I find all of space/physics/quantum (and any valid combination) excedingly interesting.
I may come with some "silly" questions for the initiated, but please be patient with me :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Peter. That's why we are here, to help people to learn.

Before posting questions, I suggest first looking at the many sub forums we have. Then use the search tool to look for existing threads that talk about your question. If that doesn't help, then go ahead and post your question.