Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just signed up for steam - game recommendations please!

1. Sep 20, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone. I've just signed up for and downloaded Steam as I'm new to the whole RPG thing I was hoping people might be able to recommend their favourite MMO RPG games. I'd prefer f2p ones to start as I'm totally new to it. Which games do you guys love and what are good games for beginners like me? Thank you in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 20, 2014 #2

DataGG

Gold Member

This post will probably not be very helpfull to you but you might not get the best answers asking in PhysicsForums that kind of question.

If I were you, I'd ask gaming questions in gaming forums. You'll get much better answers there.

4. Sep 20, 2014 #3
    This is in the science fiction and fantasy section of the forum which covers games. It's a perfectly reasonable question.

5. Sep 20, 2014 #4
    I haven't played that many MMORPGs on Steam, but I'd recommend Mabinogi, Maplestory, and Realm of the Mad God. Those are all f2p. If you ever want to play something that's not an MMORPG, then I'd recommend Team Fortress 2, Warframe, and Planetside 2.

6. Sep 22, 2014 #5
    Path of Exile, or RIFT maybe. PoE is ARPG but has got some great reviews.

7. Sep 22, 2014 #6

Rocket50

Gold Member

Team Fortress 2.

8. Sep 22, 2014 #7
    And Dota 2. Actually, don't get any. My life is gone because of those games.

9. Sep 24, 2014 #8
    I'm glad I've never tried League of Legends or Dota... well, I actually used to play Dota when it was a Warcraft 3 Mod. But those games are dangerously addictive. You could try Guild Wars 2 if you want to try some F2P MMO.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook