Just signed up for steam - game recommendations please

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to RPG games and is looking for recommendations for their favorite MMO RPG games. They prefer F2P games and are asking for suggestions from others. Some recommended games include Mabinogi, Maplestory, Realm of the Mad God, Team Fortress 2, Warframe, Planetside 2, Path of Exile, RIFT, and Guild Wars 2. However, some caution against getting too addicted to these games.
bozone
Hi everyone. I've just signed up for and downloaded Steam as I'm new to the whole RPG thing I was hoping people might be able to recommend their favourite MMO RPG games. I'd prefer f2p ones to start as I'm totally new to it. Which games do you guys love and what are good games for beginners like me? Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
This post will probably not be very helpfull to you but you might not get the best answers asking in PhysicsForums that kind of question.

If I were you, I'd ask gaming questions in gaming forums. You'll get much better answers there.

This is in the science fiction and fantasy section of the forum which covers games. It's a perfectly reasonable question.

I haven't played that many MMORPGs on Steam, but I'd recommend Mabinogi, Maplestory, and Realm of the Mad God. Those are all f2p. If you ever want to play something that's not an MMORPG, then I'd recommend Team Fortress 2, Warframe, and Planetside 2.

Path of Exile, or RIFT maybe. PoE is ARPG but has got some great reviews.

Team Fortress 2.

Rocket50 said:
Team Fortress 2.
And Dota 2. Actually, don't get any. My life is gone because of those games.

I'm glad I've never tried League of Legends or Dota... well, I actually used to play Dota when it was a Warcraft 3 Mod. But those games are dangerously addictive. You could try Guild Wars 2 if you want to try some F2P MMO.

1. What are the best games to start with on Steam?

This is a subjective question as everyone has different preferences when it comes to gaming. However, some popular and highly-rated games on Steam include "Among Us," "Fall Guys," "Hades," "Minecraft," and "Red Dead Redemption 2." It's also a good idea to browse through the "Top Sellers" and "Popular New Releases" sections on the Steam store to see what games are currently trending.

2. Are there any free games on Steam that are worth playing?

Yes, there are many free games on Steam that are highly enjoyable. Some popular ones include "Dota 2," "Team Fortress 2," "Path of Exile," "Warframe," and "Destiny 2." These games offer hours of entertainment without having to spend any money.

3. What are some good multiplayer games on Steam?

Some popular multiplayer games on Steam include "Among Us," "CS:GO," "Rocket League," "Rainbow Six Siege," and "Valorant." These games offer online multiplayer modes, allowing you to play with friends or other players from around the world.

4. Can I get recommendations based on my preferred genres?

Yes, you can use the "Browse" feature on the Steam store to filter games by genre. Some popular genres include action, adventure, RPG, simulation, and strategy. You can also use the "Recommended for you" section on the store's homepage, which suggests games based on your previous purchases and browsing history.

5. Are there any hidden gems on Steam that are worth playing?

Yes, there are many hidden gems on Steam that often go unnoticed. Some lesser-known but highly-rated games include "Celeste," "Slay the Spire," "Stardew Valley," "Undertale," and "Hollow Knight." It's always a good idea to read reviews and browse through the "Indie" section on the Steam store to discover new and unique games.