Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Kay eats crow. The war was a lie. Kay to quit with no report made.

1. Jan 8, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In the news tonight.
    Oh yes, no link between Iraq and terrorism.

Whom shall we hold accountable for these lies?

Hmmmmm.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2004 #2
    Hillary Clinton? Atheists? The French?

4. Jan 8, 2004 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: Kay eats crow. The war was a lie. Kay to quit with no report made.

I think the Republicans should ask Bush to step down in 2004. If he doesn't, he could still lose. I can only pray.

Watch this build and build until it peaks in late October.

5. Jan 8, 2004 #4
    Re: Re: Re: Kay eats crow. The war was a lie. Kay to quit with no report made.

The Republicans are too power-hungry to ask him to step down, even though he goes against the traditional conservative behavior. This newest case is just one of a few dozen lies and misrepresentations that Bush is responsible for.

6. Jan 8, 2004 #5

kat

mmm, which news? link? please :)

7. Jan 8, 2004 #6

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Re: Kay eats crow. The war was a lie. Kay to quit with no report made.

NBC evening news. This should be available on the net shortly.

The source: Powell.

8. Jan 8, 2004 #7
    Don't worry...the administration will keep 'looking'. LOL, you know what they remind me of? Those crackpot holistic 'medicine' people who claim that the negative results of science are 'inconclusive'.

9. Jan 8, 2004 #8

kat

I'm sorry, here's the actual text of Powell's briefing that I'm sure NBC was quoting....can you point out what exactly in the actual text you're referring to?

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/28008.htm

10. Jan 8, 2004 #9
    Wow, Powell has memorized all the stupid bull**** Republican spin and lies, hasn't he? He works as many into his answers as possible...he might as well have not even been there and had Bill O'Reilly answering questions...

F-ing retards.

11. Jan 8, 2004 #10
    I don't care if Iraq was sponsoring terrorism or not :)

12. Jan 8, 2004 #11
    Dubya, is that you? Admit is, you just wanted Iraq so you could actually strike oil for one of teh few times in your oilman life. Couldn't find any in Texas, so you had to attack the Middle East, I see you for what you are, buddy!

13. Jan 9, 2004 #12

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

14. Jan 9, 2004 #13

Tsu

Gold Member

Colin?

15. Jan 9, 2004 #14

Tsu

Gold Member

16. Jan 9, 2004 #15

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

The source of what exactly?

Awful, awful article. First paragraph:
    What policy and how did he reverse it? The actual Powell quote with context (much later in the report):
    and:
    Doesn't seem to me to be much different from what the administration has said all along.

The point of the story is to highlight this report and distort Powell's reaction to it:
    Endowment for International Peace? Anyone think such a "think tank" would ever support any war? Didn't think so. They'd be arm and arm with Neville Chaimberlain. Oops.

Seems the Liberal media disinformation service pulled a fast one on you. They are hoping (probably correctly) that most people won't read past the subtitle or form their own conclusions from the quotes. Heck, even Zero has pointed out that media tactic before.

17. Jan 9, 2004 #16
    Russ, I have told you again and again to stop repeating the 'liberal media bias' lie...it just makes you look silly!:wink:

18. Jan 10, 2004 #17
  19. Jan 10, 2004 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Let me see, we had certainty enough to start a war, but almost a year later we still can't prove it. Gee, maybe if we wait another ten or twenty years they'll find something.

Edit: I should add that I did misunderstand the intial news report. Powell admits that we cannot show any link between Iraq and terrorism. The comments about Kay were obviously from other sources. I posted the text as soon as I found it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2004
  20. Jan 10, 2004 #19

kat

Geee, I've got major DAAAAAY JAAA VOooooOO..this sounds hauntingly familiar to what people were saying about the Balkans prior to uncovering mass graves.

that is definately not what Powell states. Go back and read the link I gave..his words, verbatim...not someone elses interpretation.

I think you should read Kay's interim report before you start making claims of crow eating and the lack of reports.

21. Jan 10, 2004 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Not even near the scale required for a weapons facility. It ain't there. They had their chance and they us into war based on a lie.

You should listen as well as read. Comments made in interviews count just as well; even better sometimes.

Well, he will probably die believing it as well. We don't start wars based on personal beliefs. They have produced no evidence.

Uh huh.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?