Keep off our tiny frozen island, Denmark tells Canada
- Topic: News
- Thread starter fourier jr
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Canada
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 6K views
Physics news on Phys.org
The Smoking Man
- 104
- 0
Look, if you claim Newfoundland ...YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE NEWFIES.arildno said:Actually, you can have Hans Island, as long as you take a reasonable position to the future status of Newfoundland (it was populated by Norwegians, you know..)
Other than that, I see no problem.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
We're already used to handle Laplanders and those insisting to speak the linguistic perversion called Neo-Norwegian (called Barn Latin among decent folk), so I can't see how we couldn't handle a few newfies as well.The Smoking Man said:Look, if you claim Newfoundland ...YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE NEWFIES.
Other than that, I see no problem.
Anttech
- 237
- 0
yeh in Norway you have 2 offical languages don't you? Just like where I live...
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Eeh no, we have 4 official languages:Anttech said:yeh in Norway you have 2 offical languages don't you? Just like where I live...
Norwegian, the-linguistic-perversion-known-as-Neo-Norwegian, northern laplandish/saami, southern saami.

The Smoking Man
- 104
- 0
Okaaaay ... just keep your hands by your sides and don't give them rum then. You should be okay.arildno said:We're already used to handle Laplanders and those insisting to speak the linguistic perversion called Neo-Norwegian (called Barn Latin among decent folk), so I can't see how we couldn't handle a few newfies as well.
An whatever you do, don't play Stompin Tom Connors albums.