Ken Jennings: Mastermind on "Jeopardy"

• Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
In summary, Ken Jennings is a contestant on Jeopardy! and is a 13 day champion. He has won about $500,000 on the show and plans on going to France, England, and Spain with his new money.
Imparcticle
Ken Jennings!

Ken Jennings is a contestant on Its Jeporady!. He's won about $500,000 on the show and is currently a 13 day champion! Anyone watch Jeporady here? If so, then you've seen the master mind in action. If you haven't, you should.

Physics news on Phys.org
I saw the one when he answered all questions on insects. Seriously, guys, I know some people are interested in it but, I don't know, I just don't think he does have much of a life. I mean, I'm probably 89% dumber than he is, and I don't have any kind of life. :mad:

Jon

I'll tell you what, he'll have as much of a life as he could want with that kind of money.

Jon

I wonder how he'd stack up with some earlier big winners if they hadn't have changed the rules.

There was one guy who won IIRC $100K+ in 5 days (when that was the limit before you were booted). The answers were also worth half as much back then. I remember he had a funny looking beard.

My high school guidance counselor won on Jeopardy three days in a row. He lucked out in final Jeopardy each time.

A high school geology teacher of mine once participated in the wheel of fortune.. and left the show with 0 guilders in his pocket.. he didn't tell anyone about the show, but the whole school soon found out :P

I find that people with very broad bases of knowledge have lives. People retain knowledge that is interesting. One of the strongest motivators of interest is the interest of other people. I think some people are just jealous :tongue2: .

Njorl

We don't know Ken well enough to come up with conclusions like that. Unless of course other people around here do know him as a friend. I agree with Njorl.

I have a secret... I am Ken Jemming! Er... Jenning... Jennings, yeah, that's it.

cookiemonster

cookiemonster said:
I have a secret... I am Ken Jemming! Er... Jenning... Jennings, yeah, that's it.

cookiemonster

Really? Could I borrow a dollar?

And the $500,000 dollar question is: What would you do if you have $500,000?

Well, to update you guys as of today, he won about $622,000.
Anyway, he plans on going to France, England, Spain.

Hey, hey, hey cookiemonster! Good ol' bud! Gee you're such a nice guy...don't mind lendin' a good ol' pal of yours (yeah, we go back over 60 days! that's friendship man!) a few hundered thousand bucks? I'm just askin' you from the goodness of my heart...you know, just to help you out there with all that $$$money$$$.

I'm curious. At what point would you quit? Here he is with a lot of new money, but he is stuck in LA taping Jeopardy! Sure, he's making $30,000 a day, for a half-hour's work, but eventually, it won't be worthwhile.

I should have problems like that.

Njorl

What is Ken Jennings' record on "Jeopardy"?

Ken Jennings holds the record for the longest winning streak on "Jeopardy", with 74 consecutive wins in 2004. He also holds the record for the most money won on the show, with over $2.5 million.

How did Ken Jennings prepare for "Jeopardy"?

Ken Jennings prepared for "Jeopardy" by studying a wide range of topics, including literature, history, and pop culture. He also used online trivia resources and practiced buzzing in with a pen.

What is Ken Jennings' background?

Ken Jennings is a computer scientist and software engineer from Salt Lake City, Utah. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Computer Science and worked for numerous tech companies before appearing on "Jeopardy".

What has Ken Jennings done since "Jeopardy"?

Since his time on "Jeopardy", Ken Jennings has continued to be involved in the trivia world. He has published several books, including "Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs". He has also made numerous TV appearances and hosted game shows.

How has Ken Jennings' success on "Jeopardy" impacted the show?

Ken Jennings' success on "Jeopardy" has brought increased attention and viewership to the show. It also sparked a change in the rules, as the show implemented a rule that contestants can only win a maximum of five games in a row. This rule was put in place to prevent another contestant from dominating the show like Jennings did.