Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ken Jennings

1. Jun 22, 2004 #1
    Ken Jennings!!

Ken Jennings is a contestant on Its Jeporady!. He's won about $500,000 on the show and is currently a 13 day champion!!! Anyone watch Jeporady here? If so, then you've seen the master mind in action. If you haven't, you should.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2004 #2
    I saw the one when he answered all questions on insects. Seriously, guys, I know some people are interested in it but, I don't know, I just don't think he does have much of a life. I mean, I'm probably 89% dumber than he is, and I don't have any kind of life. :mad:

4. Jun 24, 2004 #3
    I'll tell you what, he'll have as much of a life as he could want with that kind of money.

5. Jun 25, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wonder how he'd stack up with some earlier big winners if they hadn't have changed the rules.

There was one guy who won IIRC $100K+ in 5 days (when that was the limit before you were booted). The answers were also worth half as much back then. I remember he had a funny looking beard.

My high school guidance counselor won on Jeopardy three days in a row. He lucked out in final Jeopardy each time.
  6. Jun 25, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A highschool geology teacher of mine once participated in the wheel of fortune.. and left the show with 0 guilders in his pocket.. he didn't tell anyone about the show, but the whole school soon found out :P
  7. Jun 25, 2004 #6

Science Advisor

I find that people with very broad bases of knowledge have lives. People retain knowledge that is interesting. One of the strongest motivators of interest is the interest of other people. I think some people are just jealous :tongue2: .

8. Jun 25, 2004 #7
    We don't know Ken well enough to come up with conclusions like that. Unless of course other people around here do know him as a friend. I agree with Njorl.
  9. Jun 26, 2004 #8
    I have a secret... I am Ken Jemming! Er... Jenning... Jennings, yeah, that's it.

10. Jun 26, 2004 #9
    Really? Could I borrow a dollar?
  11. Jun 28, 2004 #10
    And the $500,000 dollar question is: What would you do if you have $500,000?
  12. Jun 28, 2004 #11
    Well, to update you guys as of today, he won about $622,000.
    Anyway, he plans on going to France, England, Spain.

Hey, hey, hey cookiemonster!! Good ol' bud! Gee you're such a nice guy....don't mind lendin' a good ol' pal of yours (yeah, we go back over 60 days!! that's friendship man!) a few hundered thousand bucks? I'm just askin' ya from the goodness of my heart...you know, just to help you out there with all that $$$money$$$.
  13. Jun 29, 2004 #12

Science Advisor

I'm curious. At what point would you quit? Here he is with a lot of new money, but he is stuck in LA taping Jeopardy! Sure, he's making $30,000 a day, for a half-hour's work, but eventually, it won't be worthwhile.

I should have problems like that.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?