How Do Kinetic and Potential Energy Challenge Newton's Laws?

In summary: Just like every thing else in Archimedes’s physics energy also has its potential expressed in rather different counter parts than Jules (force is geometrical potential but we don’t measure it in meters).But work is not a differential. Work is defined as[tex]\int{F*dx}[/itex]E_{potential} = - \frac {GM_1M_2}{x}If you have better way of showing it please do. If your result is different from the one presented here then I have little to worry because you are actually on my revolutionary side.
deda
These “types of energy” are pure result of Newtonian physics.
Their common element is the definition for the work done by constant force:
[tex]W = dE = Fdx[/tex]
If the force were variable then the definition would have looked like this:
[tex]W = dE = Fdx + xdF <=> E = Fx[/tex]

The kinetic energy comes out as a combination of this definition with Newton’s second flaw:
[tex]W = dE = Fdx = madx = m \frac{dV}{dt}dx = mVdV[/tex] from where
[tex]E_{kinetic} = \frac {mV^2}{2}[/tex]

The potential energy comes out as combination of the same definition with Newton’s gravity law:
[tex]W = dE = Fdx = \frac {GM_1M_2}{x^2}dx[/tex] from where
[tex]E_{potential} = - \frac {GM_1M_2}{x}[/tex]

What if I tell you that these Newton’s laws are flaw?
http://www.geocities.com/dr_physica/labour.doc

Just like every thing else in Archimedes’s physics energy also has its potential expressed in rather different counter parts than Jules (force is geometrical potential but we don’t measure it in meters).

Physics news on Phys.org
But work is not a differential. Work is defined as

[tex]\int{F*dx}[/itex]

deda said:
[tex]E_{potential} = - \frac {GM_1M_2}{x}[/tex]

You missed a factor of 2 there...

enigma said:

[tex]\int{F*dx}[/itex]
Oh, dear
you kind a confuse me a little.

[tex]\int_{x_1}^{x_2} Fdx = F (x_2 - x_1) = E_2 - E_1 = \delta E = W[/tex]
[tex]\int_{E_1}^{E_2} dE = E_2 - E_1 = \delta E = W[/tex]
[tex]Fdx = dE[/tex]

dE is approximatelly E_2 - E_1 when small enough?

enigma said:
You missed a factor of 2 there...
I think I didn't

[tex](x^{-1})' = -1 x^{-2} dx[/tex]

deda said:
Oh, dear
you kind a confuse me a little.

[tex]\int_{x_1}^{x_2} Fdx = F (x_2 - x_1) = E_2 - E_1 = \delta E = W[/tex]
[tex]\int_{E_1}^{E_2} dE = E_2 - E_1 = \delta E = W[/tex]
[tex]Fdx = dE[/tex]

dE is approximatelly E_2 - E_1 when small enough?

Yes, but W != dE, [itex]W = \int_{x1}^{x2}{dE} [/itex]

You're right about the integration. S'wat I get for trying to do calculus at 5am... :frown:

You misspelled joules ! But still, if v is an rms phasor e=mv^2 ? naw i guess the 1/2 is still there it is just that i always divide by the potential so it goes away. you know ... 1/2 kx^2. Doesn't everyone use eigenvalues ? i find it so easy to forget the basis when using stuff like FEA or BEM. i just try to remember f=ma and f=kx which solves any problem according to ohms law.

Last edited:
what's the point of this definition?

enigma said:

[tex]\int{F*dx}[/itex]
You know, I’m rightfully confused here because if [tex]W = \int Fdx[/tex] then differentiated [tex]dW = Fdx[/tex]
[tex]dW = Fdx => limes_{dx -> 0} dW = \delta W = W_2 – W_1[/tex]
What could be that difference of the work done?
Sure it measures in Joules but... is it also some work done or is it energy alone?

After all let it be whatever and don’t let it drag us away from the subject. That’s how Newtonian physics comes up with kinetic and potential energy. I’m not inventing it. If you have better way of showing it please do. If your result is different from the one presented here then I have little to worry because you are actually on my revolutionary side.

I REPEAT:
What if I convince you that these Newtonian laws are flaws?

1. What is kinetic energy?

Kinetic energy is the energy an object possesses due to its motion. It is directly proportional to the mass of the object and the square of its velocity.

2. How is potential energy different from kinetic energy?

Potential energy is the energy an object has due to its position or state. It is stored energy that can be converted into other forms, such as kinetic energy, when the object is in motion.

3. What are some examples of objects with high kinetic energy?

Objects with high kinetic energy include a moving car, a falling apple, and a spinning top.

4. How can kinetic energy be calculated?

Kinetic energy can be calculated using the formula KE = 1/2 * m * v^2, where m is the mass of the object and v is its velocity.

5. Can potential energy be negative?

Yes, potential energy can be negative if the object's position or state has a lower energy level than its reference point. For example, a ball at the bottom of a hill has negative potential energy compared to a ball at the top of the hill.