Kinetic energy distribution in high speeds and large scales

In summary, the kinetic energy of a large scale object moving nearly at the speed of light will distribute the energy in a non-homogeneously way, depending on the details of the object.
RyanH42
We know that If object is homogenius and small (like gold atom) we can use this equation to calculate total energy of object when it moves very slow due to speed of light.And the equation is ##1/2(m_1v^2+m_2v^2+m_3v^2...=1/2Mv^2##, ##(M=m_1+m_2+m_3...)## here v is small and we are talking about a sphere.This means in every piece there's extra kinetic energy.And when we add them we get total energy

Now let's suppose we have a very large scale object, a galaxy cluster.Its not homogenius.So let's suppose that massive bigger object moves nearly speed of light.How can we calculate the the kinetic energy distrubition ?

Is this kinetic energy will distrubute the sphere in homogenius ways or just where the matter exist ?

If we take larger sphere radius How can this kinetic energy distrubition can be change ?

Physics news on Phys.org
A gold atom is not homogeneous. It does not matter, however.
RyanH42 said:
This means in every piece there's extra kinetic energy.
Depends on the way you count contributions to the total energy.

For the total kinetic energy, you can always consider the system in its rest frame first - calculate the total mass of the system there (energy divided by speed of light squared). Then calculate the total energy based on this mass and its speed. Both can be done with the usual relativistic formulas.
For the kinetic energy of individual components, just do the same thing as above but restricted to this component.

Likes RyanH42
So exaple we have extra 5mc^2 kinetic energy.Now our sphere volume is 100 m^3 and in the sphere there 10 objects.Is this kinetic energy can spread the sphere in homogenius ways.I mean can we say in every 1m^3 there's 5mc^2/100m^3 energy ? Or we need to say this kinetic energy inside the mass it gives extra mass to the rest mass ?

RyanH42 said:
.Is this kinetic energy can spread the sphere in homogenius ways.I mean can we say in every 1m^3 there's 5mc^2/100m^3 energy ?
That depends on the details of your object. If it is completely homogeneous, that is a meaningful statement.

Its not completely homogenius.So this time my other statemnet will true ?Or there's a theory which describes this non-homogenius situation ?

You can always calculate the energy of arbitrary smaller volumes in your system, in the same way you can do it for the whole system.

If I can calculate always smaller arbitary numbers can I get a equation ?Or a source ? Or can you describe me using my example ?

I think post 2 has a full description.

Then thank you.

1. What is kinetic energy?

Kinetic energy is the energy an object possesses due to its motion. It is directly proportional to the mass and square of the velocity of an object.

2. How does kinetic energy change at high speeds?

As an object's speed increases, its kinetic energy also increases. This is because kinetic energy is directly proportional to the square of the velocity. Therefore, a small increase in speed can result in a significant increase in kinetic energy.

3. How does kinetic energy distribution change at high speeds?

At high speeds, the distribution of kinetic energy among the particles becomes more uniform. This is because as the velocity increases, there is less variation in the speeds of individual particles, resulting in a more even distribution of kinetic energy.

4. How does kinetic energy distribution change at large scales?

At larger scales, the kinetic energy distribution becomes more complex and can vary significantly depending on the specific system. In general, larger systems tend to have a wider range of kinetic energy distribution, with some particles having significantly higher or lower kinetic energy than others.

5. How is kinetic energy distribution related to temperature?

The average kinetic energy of particles in a system is directly related to its temperature. As temperature increases, so does the average kinetic energy of particles. This is because temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of particles in a system.