Should I Take AP Physics in High School?

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delta
In summary, the conversation is about learning about the symbol \Delta and fall break. The speaker is going to Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio, where the weather may be chilly. They mention the lines being short due to it being the end of the season. The triangular symbol represents delta, which the speaker is learning about in school. They also mention studying basic physics and a recommendation to take AP physics 1 and 2.
JamesU
Gold Member
okay. so, one more week of learning about [tex]\Delta[/tex] and fall break is here! Even though fall hardly exists here, they've managed to call it that. So, then I'm going to Cedar Point in Ohio!

Physics news on Phys.org
That's a great amusement park! Enjoy! Pack warm clothes...it's the time of year when the weather can be quite chilly there, especially at night. You'll want to have a few layers to bring along with you to the park...t-shirt, sweatshirt, windbreaker type jacket. The lines should be short since it would be nearing the end of the season there.

what does that triangular symbol represent?

jimmie said:
what does that triangular symbol represent?

yomamma said:
okay. so, one more week of learning about [tex]\Delta[/tex] and fall break is here!

yomamma is learning about his special parts in school...he just didn't want to say that so he put [tex]\Delta[/tex]

WHY WON"T MY LATEX WORK?
I've edited about 5 times lol trying to get this to put a stupid delta symbol!

Last edited:
it represents delta (?)

duh.

at our school we're learning about way too basic physics

yomamma said:
it represents delta (?)
Huh? You're studying the blues?:confused:

You are in eighth grade, I wouldn't complain if I were you. Honestly you will meet way more idiots in high school than you thought possible. Also, don't take normal physics, don't waste your time, just take AP physics 1 and 2(if offered).

moose said:
You are in eighth grade, I wouldn't complain if I were you. Honestly you will meet way more idiots in high school than you thought possible. Also, don't take normal physics, don't waste your time, just take AP physics 1 and 2(if offered).
Don't go to a school where they aren't offered (if possible).

What is a "math delta" and why is it important to learn about?

A "math delta" refers to the symbol Δ, which is used in mathematics to represent change or difference. It is important to learn about because it is commonly used in various mathematical concepts and equations, such as derivatives and matrices.

How can learning about math delta help with problem-solving?

Learning about math delta can help with problem-solving as it allows for a better understanding of change and how it relates to various mathematical concepts. It can also help with visualizing and analyzing data, as well as making predictions based on patterns of change.

What are some common applications of math delta in real life?

Math delta is commonly used in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics to model and analyze changes in various systems. It is also used in statistics to measure the difference between data points. In everyday life, it can be seen in concepts such as growth and decay, rates of change, and optimization.

How can I improve my understanding of math delta?

To improve understanding of math delta, it is important to have a strong foundation in algebra and calculus. Practice solving problems involving change and familiarize yourself with various applications of math delta. Additionally, seeking help from a tutor or joining a study group can also aid in understanding.

Are there any common misconceptions about math delta?

One common misconception about math delta is that it only represents change in one direction. In reality, delta can represent both positive and negative changes. Another misconception is that it is only used in advanced mathematics, when it is actually a fundamental concept that can be applied in many different areas.