Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Learning MATLAB

1. Aug 14, 2016 #1

MMS

Hello everyone,

For those of you who are familiar with MATLAB and have worked with it in the past, I would like to hear from you guys about efficient and good ways to learn it from scratch. I would appreciate it if you can also specify websites, books, online courses or whatever it is that you found helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 14, 2016 #2

Krylov

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Are you already somewhat familiar with basic procedural programming? If so, I think you will have very little trouble learning the basics of MATLAB use. Take an afternoon to go through the "Getting Started with MATLAB" tutorial and play around with the various examples. After that you could also look at the textbook page of Cleve Moler. In the end, I think you learn to most by using MATLAB to solve all kinds of problems that you encounter in your daily work.

4. Aug 14, 2016 #3
    MATLAB is thankfully quite easy to learn and has a useful database. The MathWorks website, http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/, should have everything you need along with examples. If this is still insufficient I would recommend a textbook, but the type of book will be dependent on your previous programming experience and your purpose of learning (for physics and engineering? or?). Hope that helps.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted