Linear Equations Homework: Which are Line Equations?

In summary, a linear equation is an algebraic equation that represents a straight line on a graph. To solve a linear equation, you need to isolate the variable by using inverse operations. The slope of a line is a measure of its steepness, and it can be calculated by dividing the change in the y-coordinates by the change in the x-coordinates. The y-intercept is the point where the line crosses the y-axis on a graph, and it can be found by substituting 0 for x in the linear equation. Linear equations have many real-world applications, including finance, physics, engineering, and business and economics.
Mrencko

Homework Statement

i am doing homework about linear equations, i am just asking if i am ok, whith my selection
the question is: from the next equations, which ones are line equations, in x1,x2 and x3?

Homework Equations

equations.png
[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

the next are line; a,c,f
the next arent line; b,d,e
correct me if i am wrong please[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
Looks right.

thanks, i apreciate your help

Mrencko said:

Homework Statement

i am doing homework about linear equations, i am just asking if i am ok, whith my selection
the question is: from the next equations, which ones are line equations, in x1,x2 and x3?

Homework Equations

View attachment 100077 [/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

:[/B]
the next are line; a,c,f
the next arent line; b,d,e
correct me if i am wrong please
The terminology is "linear equation".

Your answers are correct.

1. What is a linear equation?

A linear equation is an algebraic equation that represents a straight line on a graph. It contains variables, constants, and coefficients, and follows the form y = mx + b, where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.

2. How do you solve a linear equation?

To solve a linear equation, you need to isolate the variable on one side of the equation by using inverse operations. This means you will need to add, subtract, multiply, or divide both sides of the equation by the same number to get the variable by itself. The final solution will be the value of the variable.

3. What is the slope of a line?

The slope of a line is a measure of its steepness. It is calculated by dividing the change in the y-coordinates by the change in the x-coordinates between any two points on the line. It is often represented by the letter m in a linear equation.

4. How do you find the y-intercept of a line?

The y-intercept is the point where the line crosses the y-axis on a graph. To find the y-intercept, you can substitute 0 for x in the linear equation and solve for y. The resulting value of y will be the y-intercept.

5. What are some real-world applications of linear equations?

Linear equations are used to represent and solve a variety of problems in real-life situations. They can be used in finance to calculate interest rates, in physics to determine the speed of an object, and in engineering to design structures. They are also commonly used in business and economics to analyze trends and make predictions.