1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Linear/Nonlinear, time-variant/invariant systems

1. Dec 11, 2011 #1
    Hi guys. I am super excited to know answers of the questions that I am going to write below and want you to give me only the gist or a superficial information on the concepts and hopefully I will find the rest of the matter by-myself.

Question 1: How do we solve Linear Time-variant systems?
    Question 2: How do we solve Linear Time-invariant systems?
    Question 3: How do we solve Non-Linear Time-variant systems?
    Question 4: How do we solve Non-Linear Time-invariant systems?

I only know answer to the second question but I still want you guys to answer it for me.
    (Answer is Laplace transform(continuous signals), Z-transform(discrete signals)).
    Thank you for your time...

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2011 #2
    These are very broad questions...

4. Dec 12, 2011 #3
    I don't want you to explain me the entire concepts. I only want one word answer. Like I answered my 'Question2'... I only want to know name of the maths concepts that will help me solve these systems. Like I answered 'Laplace transform and Z-transform' to my 'Question 2'. Likewise, can anyone answer my questions in a very terse manner. Just the name of the maths concept will do.. I tried looking on the internet but I got confused... Help please.

5. Dec 12, 2011 #4
    non-linear can be done with piece-wise/condition-wise, small-signal approximation, or with simulation

obviously laplace/fourier do not work alone in non-linear analysis.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook