Which songs should I include on my CD of misogynistic music?

• Thread starter 0TheSwerve0
  • Start date
  • Tags
    List
In summary, the woman's boyfriend has decided to make her a cd of misogynistic songs. He has already obtained songs like "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones and "Just Like A Woman" by Bob Dylan. Other songs he has included include "Evil Woman" by E.L.O., "Evil Ways" by Santana, "Abigale" by King Diamond, "Evil Women" by Black Sabbath, "Witchy Woman" by Eagles, "The B*tch is Back" by Elton John, "Devil with the Blue Dress" by Mitch Ryder, "Hangman's Jury" by Aerosmith, "Living Dead Girl" by Rob Zombie, and "Swamp Witch"
0TheSwerve0
I've decided to make my boyfriend a cd of misogynistic songs (aka, those sweet songs that lovingly put my sex "in their place" :wink: ) So far I've got
"Under My Thumb", Rolling Stones
"Just Like A Woman", Bob Dylan

Ya, random

Physics news on Phys.org
You sure know how to treat a fella. I dread to think what you got him for Christmas.

"Back off *****" Guns N Roses.

"Senza una donna" by Zucchero Fornaciari
But I'm not a misogynist! I adore women!

0TheSwerve0 said:
I've decided to make my boyfriend a cd of misogynistic songs (aka, those sweet songs that lovingly put my sex "in their place" :wink: ) So far I've got
"Under My Thumb", Rolling Stones
"Just Like A Woman", Bob Dylan

Ya, random

"Evil Woman" E.L.O.
"Evil Ways" Santana
"Abigale" King Diamond
"Evil Women" Black Sabbath
"Witchy Woman" Eagles
"The B*tch is Back" Elton John
"Devil with the Blue Dress" Mitch Ryder
"Hangman's Jury" Aerosmith
"Living Dead Girl" Rob Zombie
"Swamp Witch" Jim Stafford
"Witch Queen of New Orleans" Redbone

Eminem songs, too numerous to mention

Last edited:
Who used to do the song "Smack My B*tch Up"?

Math Is Hard said:
Who used to do the song "Smack My B*tch Up"?

That was Prodigy.

Even I am not old enough to remember hearing this Ginny Arnell song on radio when it was current: Dumb Head. Pro-feminist, it was not. Entertaining though--and with some unique background vocalizations.

anything by ICP :yuck:

"Someday my prince will come" Disney

tribdog said:
"Someday my prince will come" Disney

LOL! Yeah, probably anything out of a Disney movie would count. :rofl:

TheSwerve, do we dare ask why you've gotten this particular idea for a compilation of songs for your boyfriend? It sounds suspicious, like you might be trying to hint at something, or perhaps outright beat him over the head with it. Or just for a joke? Though, jokes aren't as funny when you both are on the same board and he'll see this post and know what's coming.

Just a joke, but he does like the Rolling Stones. It was really a spontaneous idea. Songs like those really do bug me (tho they rarely seem to bug guys, they usually just shrug it off as overthetop and funny). My boyfriend did know about this beforehand. I don't want to imply that he is a woman hater, just maybe a little too neutral about this stuff for my taste. I'm hoping to turn him into a femininst:tongue2: (tho he could be brainwashed into a misogynist! ).

the saudi band
Group X - Bang Bang Bang.

1. What is the definition of a misogynistic song?

A misogynistic song is a song that expresses hatred, contempt, or prejudice against women. This can be done through lyrics that degrade, objectify, or stereotype women.

2. How can I identify a misogynistic song?

Misogynistic songs often contain lyrics that promote violence against women, portray women as inferior or subordinate to men, or use derogatory language towards women. It is important to listen to the lyrics and consider the message being conveyed.

3. Are there different levels of misogyny in songs?

Yes, there are different levels of misogyny in songs. Some songs may contain subtle or implicit misogyny, while others may have more overt and explicit lyrics. It is important to be aware of the language and messages being portrayed in songs.

4. How can I address the issue of misogyny in songs?

One way to address the issue of misogyny in songs is to bring attention to it and have open discussions about the harmful effects of these lyrics on society. It is also important to support and promote music that celebrates and empowers women.

5. Is it possible for a song to be misogynistic and still be popular?

Yes, unfortunately, it is possible for a song to be misogynistic and still be popular. This is due to a variety of factors, such as societal norms, cultural influences, and the power of media. However, it is important to continue to challenge and reject misogynistic songs and promote more positive and inclusive music.