List of hyperfine structure of the elements?

• I
  • Thread starter Admiller
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

If caesium 133 frequency for its hyperfine structure is 9 192 631 770, and hydrogen is 1 420 405 751.7667 what are the frequencies for the other elements and their isotopes? Is there a list on line some were because this would be a long list. Any help on where to look on line would be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers and Replies

I have found a paper with a list of "Newly Discovered Lines of Lanthanum Between ##5600 \,Å ## and ##6100\,Å ##" published in 2016. Their list alone contains several hundred entries. This raises the question: Why?

I have found a paper with a list of "Newly Discovered Lines of Lanthanum Between ##5600 \,Å ## and ##6100\,Å ##" published in 2016. Their list alone contains several hundred entries. This raises the question: Why?
I want to see if there is any patterns in the frequencies. Maybe you could predict the frequency of an isotope or maybe other information. I know other people must of looked at this but I am still curious. How can I find this paper? Thanks.

The paper wasn't in English. I don't think there is a chance to identify patterns, at least not manually, but I don't know. I just found it (quickly) as I searched for "hyperfine structure + list" and was surprised to find so many for just one element and even labelled "new".

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
The patterns for hyperfine structure as as "patterned" as those for any other energy level.