1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lookign to get into university

1. Oct 20, 2011 #1
    Well here's a little background of my situation. I am turning 20 soon and retaking physics for the second time, the first time I took it I got a 62%, in all honesty all my grade 12 marks were quite bad, only getting about a 70% average. After I graduated I was still really undecided of what I wanted to become, even today im still unsure, but I have a slight idea that maybe some sort of engineering field would be something I would really enjoy. For 2 years I have been working nights, and just really wasting time, but recently I decided it was time to get myself together and try and get into a university.

Now not long ago I recieved my physics midterm mark and it is so far a 92%, I am also looking to take up other highschool courses that I never took before like chemistry, biology, functions, and calculus. My teachers before said I'm not a stupid guy, its just I never really put in an effort to do really well. I hope thats changed now and I just want to know if retaking physics hurt my chances of getting into a really good university like University of Toronto, or something along those lines in engineering. And that if i do really well in those other courses I haven't ever took, would they be able to overlook the fact that I had to retake physics and see that I have changed from being a slacker?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted