Looking for a Book on the Early Universe: Any Recommendations?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
vinay uppal
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Could anyone suggest a book/lecture notes on the early universe, especially the thermodynamics of it i.e. Big-Bang Nucleosynthesis etc.. I have a book -Early Universe by Kolb and Turner, but I dint really find it readable. Its not exactly reader friendly. But I would be really glad if someone could suggest some other book on similar lines.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Two decent popular accounts are:

Dark Cosmos: In Search of Our Universe's Missing Mass and Energy (Hardcover)
by Dan Hooper (Author)

Dark Side of the Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Fate of the Cosmos (Hardcover)
by Iain Nicolson (Author)
 
What sort of level or background knowledge do you have? Are you seeking a textbook or a popular science book?