1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Looking for a career in physics and/or astronomy

1. Jul 18, 2010 #1
    Hello friends,

I am a graduate from University of Houston in computer science field. I am looking for a career shift and need guidance of how I can do it.

I have no idea why I chose computer science as my career. But in the last 2 years my love for physics has increased.

Is it possible to shift career at this age (24). Or is there a way I can get into this field using my skills in computer science?

I have some basic knowledge of physics and astronomy.

Any advice or guidance would be really helpful.

karthik

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jul 18, 2010 #3
    Thanks for the immediate reply. I have read that thread and it has solved one problem.

I think I can't shift my career. Not atleast now. I don't have the money to study again and the knowledge either.

So can I use my computer science skills to atleast support physicists, or work in astronomy. Like web development and software applications for these fields. if so where can I apply?

I could not find the answer for these in the link above.

Thanks in advance.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook