1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Programs Looking for a PHD in numerical relativity or lattice QCD in England

1. Nov 6, 2011 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am finishing my second year of masters in France on theoretical physics and I am really really motivated in pursuing into a PhD. The topics that interest me the most are lattice QCD and numerical relativity (I want to focus on numerical methods). Also, I would like to work on one of this topics in England, for my PhD or my master internship (5months starting in March). I spent some time browsing the website of universities I know in England but none of them seemed to worked on that. So if one of you knows one laboratory/team searching those subjects I would be really happy and thankful to have this information.

Thanks.

Also, I don't have any information about how to get funding for a foreigner in UK, if someone has been through that, I would be glad to hear about his story ;)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2011 #2
    If you are a French Citizen, you should have no problem getting on in England: funding arrangements should be the same as for a British Citizen thanks to the EU.

4. Nov 10, 2011 #3
    Ok, thanks for the info nickbob00, I will ask my professor of GR next week about his contacts.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook