Looking for a PHD in numerical relativity or lattice QCD in England

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
IRobot
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I am finishing my second year of masters in France on theoretical physics and I am really really motivated in pursuing into a PhD. The topics that interest me the most are lattice QCD and numerical relativity (I want to focus on numerical methods). Also, I would like to work on one of this topics in England, for my PhD or my master internship (5months starting in March). I spent some time browsing the website of universities I know in England but none of them seemed to worked on that. So if one of you knows one laboratory/team searching those subjects I would be really happy and thankful to have this information.Thanks.

Also, I don't have any information about how to get funding for a foreigner in UK, if someone has been through that, I would be glad to hear about his story ;)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you are a French Citizen, you should have no problem getting on in England: funding arrangements should be the same as for a British Citizen thanks to the EU.
 
Ok, thanks for the info nickbob00, I will ask my professor of GR next week about his contacts.