Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a specific Fourier Theory book, possibly from the 70s

1. Jun 25, 2014 #1
    Hello all,

I realize this isn't exactly the correct place to post this, but I can't start a thread in the mathematics learning forum, I'm not sure if I am supposed to be able to or not.

I realized that I threw away one of my instructors math books on Fourier Theory I was borrowing over the summer on accident (I took out the wrong box and lost a number of my books as well), and I need to find the same one.

It was a book on Fourier Series and Transform theory, from awhile ago--perhaps 70s. It was light blue and pink on the cover, kind of dated graphics, and was a paperback--and that is unfortunately all I know about it. My professor is all about pure mathematics, rather than applied, and this book very likely followed that trend.

I've combed through a few publisher sites, half.com, Google images etc hoping to run across it but I haven't seen it yet.

I'm not only missing out on the book, but I'd hate to get back to school and have to ask him about it so I could replace it then (he's off campus for the summer).

If this book rings any bells, please let me know! Thank you, and I know this is pretty lame, but I want to fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2014 #2

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just ask your instructor - tell him what happened, and that you will gladly pay for a replacement copy.

I'm sure he will appreciate your honesty, and willingness to pay. And then you can spend your time studying, instead of worrying!

4. Jun 25, 2014 #3
    I wish it was that easy, but he's off campus and I can't get a hold of him over the summer... Also it was a paper back, I'll add that.

5. Jun 26, 2014 #4

verty

Homework Helper

6. Jun 26, 2014 #5
    Thanks verty, unfortunately it isn't.

The one I had was Fourier series graphs, but they weren't filled in like that. They were also brighter in tone, more warm I guess.

I know I don't have a ton to go on here, but thank you so much for the suggestion!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook