Looking for Physics Learning Resources

In summary, the individual is seeking help with their physics studies and is looking for alternative book recommendations to the one provided by their university. They apologize for any language or writing mistakes and express gratitude for any assistance. Other forum members suggest that the current book is a standard text and offer to provide recommendations if they have any strong preferences.
زهره الربيع
help me--Please

Hello all :smile:
I hope that one will help me for the first time I put on a foreign forum
I am currently studying physics (unfortunately):cry:, I hate this article, I can not understand
The book provided by the university in his name (fundamentals of physics ---- 8th eaition - Jearl walker)
Is it possible to give me the names of books to help me end this nightmare
With all my thanks and gratitude to all
And accept the apology if it is serious mistakes in the language or writing :shy:
I am an Arab

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

زهره الربيع said:
Hello all :smile:
I hope that one will help me for the first time I put on a foreign forum
I am currently studying physics (unfortunately):cry:, I hate this article, I can not understand
The book provided by the university in his name (fundamentals of physics ---- 8th eaition - Jearl walker)
Is it possible to give me the names of books to help me end this nightmare
With all my thanks and gratitude to all
And accept the apology if it is serious mistakes in the language or writing :shy:
I am an Arab
[/SIZE]

Greetings!

The fact that you are an Arab is of no concern, however you need to be more specific in your request. Please do not post in colored font (it is hard for some to read) and do not underline your entire message.

Now, what are you asking?

I haven't used Walker's text in my classroom, but I've looked at it. Unfortunately, I think Walker's text is pretty much along the lines of standard texts. So, at the calculus-based level, I really have no strong recommendations. The text you have is probably as good as any others (it's an update of the classic Halliday and Resnick). But perhaps others have strong preferences and can make some recommendations.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums!

Related to Looking for Physics Learning Resources

1. What are the best online resources for learning physics?

There are many great online resources for learning physics, and the best one will depend on your specific learning style and needs. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. It is also helpful to check out resources from well-known universities or textbooks that align with your course material.

2. Are there any free resources available for learning physics?

Yes, there are many free resources available for learning physics. In addition to the ones mentioned above, there are also websites like MIT OpenCourseWare and Coursera that offer free online courses from top universities. You can also find free lecture notes, practice problems, and video tutorials on various physics websites.

3. How can I find hands-on resources for learning physics?

There are several ways to find hands-on resources for learning physics. You can search for physics experiments or demonstrations on YouTube or other video platforms. You can also look for physics kits or activities on educational websites or at your local library. Another option is to join a physics club or attend a physics workshop to participate in hands-on learning experiences.

4. Are there resources specifically for learning advanced topics in physics?

Yes, there are resources available specifically for learning advanced topics in physics. Many universities offer online courses or lecture notes for advanced physics topics such as quantum mechanics, relativity, or astrophysics. You can also find textbooks, research papers, and online forums dedicated to discussing and learning about these advanced topics.

5. How can I use technology to enhance my learning of physics?

There are various ways to use technology to enhance your learning of physics. You can use simulation software to visualize and explore complex physics concepts. Online interactive quizzes and games can also help reinforce your understanding of key concepts. Additionally, you can use online study groups or forums to discuss and collaborate with others who are also learning physics.