Looking to interview an engineer

In summary, the conversation is about a request for an interview with an engineer for an intro course at Florida Atlantic University. The interviewer is looking for a brief biography, information on the engineer's daily and weekly tasks, their role in the company, their regular skills and tools, and their perception of engineering. However, this type of interview is no longer allowed on the platform due to privacy concerns.
Pugnat
Hi guys, I am looking to interview someone for general questions. This is a intro course into engineering for Florida Atlantic University. I'll post the questions below. Thanks in advance for any help!

1. A brief career and education biography of the engineer. (Name and the individual engineering degrees) (Last name only is fine if you do not feel comfortable with a full name.)

3. Find out what the person does in engineering on a daily and weekly basis.

4. Find out what the person’s role is in the company.

5. Find out what skills and tools the engineer uses regularly.

6. Discuss their perception of engineering now compared to when they started.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Pugnat said:
Hi guys, I am looking to interview someone for general questions. This is a intro course into engineering for Florida Atlantic University. I'll post the questions below. Thanks in advance for any help!

1. A brief career and education biography of the engineer. (Name and the individual engineering degrees) (Last name only is fine if you do not feel comfortable with a full name.)

3. Find out what the person does in engineering on a daily and weekly basis.

4. Find out what the person’s role is in the company.

5. Find out what skills and tools the engineer uses regularly.

6. Discuss their perception of engineering now compared to when they started.

Sorry Pugnat. We no longer allow interview threads on the PF because of privacy issues. Hope you are able to find somebody in person.

Hello! Thank you for considering me for this interview. My name is [Name], and I am an engineer with a degree in [specific engineering degree]. I have been working in this field for [number of years] and have had the opportunity to work on various projects in different industries.

On a daily basis, I am responsible for designing and developing new products or systems, analyzing data and making recommendations, and collaborating with other engineers and team members. I also attend meetings and provide updates on the progress of my projects.

In my current role, I am a [position] at [company name], where I am responsible for managing a team of engineers and overseeing the development of new products. I also work closely with other departments such as marketing and production to ensure that our products meet the needs of our customers and are produced efficiently.

As an engineer, I regularly use various tools and software such as CAD programs, simulation software, and data analysis tools. I also rely on my problem-solving and critical thinking skills to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.

When I first started in engineering, I saw it as a technical field focused solely on solving problems and creating new products. However, as I have gained more experience, I have come to appreciate the importance of communication, teamwork, and adaptability in this field. Engineering is not just about technical skills, but also about being able to work effectively with others and adapt to changing circumstances.

I hope this information is helpful for your course at Florida Atlantic University. Best of luck with your studies!

1. What qualifications do I need to become an engineer?

To become an engineer, you typically need a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field. Many engineers also pursue a master's degree for further specialization. Additionally, you may need to obtain a professional engineering license in your state or country.

2. What skills are necessary for an engineer?

Engineers need a combination of technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. They also need to be detail-oriented, have strong math and science abilities, and be proficient in computer-aided design (CAD) software. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for collaborating with others on projects.

3. What types of engineers are there?

There are many different types of engineers, including mechanical, electrical, civil, aerospace, chemical, and computer engineers. Each type of engineer focuses on a specific area of expertise, but they all use their skills to design, build, and maintain various systems and structures.

4. What industries do engineers typically work in?

Engineers can work in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, healthcare, technology, and transportation. They may also work for government agencies or in research and development roles.

5. What is the job outlook for engineers?

The job outlook for engineers is generally positive, as there is a growing demand for their skills and expertise in various industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment for engineers is projected to grow 4% from 2019 to 2029, which is about as fast as the average for all occupations.