I need to interview and Engineer

In summary, a person is looking for engineers in various fields to participate in a project where students will interview them through either a telephone or email. They ask for interested engineers to contact them through PM and specify the needed engineers for the project. However, it is mentioned that the platform no longer allows interview threads due to privacy issues.
dwboe
Hello,

I have students that are doing a project where they need to interview an engineer in their chosen/assigned area.

The interview should take about 20-30 minutes and is about 20 questions long. It can be done through a telephone interview or via e-mail?

If you would have time to participate please contact me by PM.

I need engineers in the following areas:
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Biomedical Engineer
Electronics Engineer
Nuclear Engineer

Thank you for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'd prefer to do it by PM. I'm an EE if you have a student who wants to send me questions via PM.

berkeman said:
I'd prefer to do it by PM. I'm an EE if you have a student who wants to send me questions via PM.

Hi, I am in Project Lead The Way and i need to interview an engineer for class, can you help me?

Alex A. M. said:
Hi, I am in Project Lead The Way and i need to interview an engineer for class, can you help me?

Sorry, we no longer allow interview threads here at the PF. There were too many privacy issues.

and for considering participating in this project. I highly encourage students to engage with professionals in their field of interest. This not only provides valuable insights and knowledge but also allows for networking and potential mentorship opportunities.

In regards to the request for an interview with an engineer, I would suggest reaching out to professional organizations or associations in the specific engineering fields listed. They often have resources to connect students with professionals who are willing to participate in interviews or mentorship programs. Additionally, universities and research institutions may have faculty or staff members who are engineers and would be willing to participate.

I wish the students all the best in their project and hope they gain valuable insights from their interviews. It is through collaboration and communication with professionals that we continue to advance and improve in our respective fields.

1. What qualifications do I need to become an engineer?

To become an engineer, you typically need a Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university. Some positions may require a Master's degree or higher. In addition to education, engineers also need strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in a team.

2. What types of engineers are there?

There are many different types of engineers, including civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, and computer engineers. Within these broad categories, there are also many specialization areas such as aerospace engineering, environmental engineering, and biomedical engineering.

3. What do engineers do on a daily basis?

The specific tasks of engineers can vary depending on their specialization and the industry they work in. However, common activities include designing, testing, and improving products or systems, analyzing data and solving problems, and collaborating with other team members and clients.

4. What skills are important for engineers to have?

Aside from technical knowledge in their specific field, engineers should also possess strong communication skills, critical thinking abilities, and creativity. They should also be proficient in using various tools and software relevant to their work.

5. What are some possible career paths for engineers?

Engineers have a wide range of career opportunities in various industries such as manufacturing, construction, healthcare, and technology. They can advance to become project managers, consultants, or even start their own businesses. With further education and experience, engineers can also become professors or researchers in academia.