MAC adapter and presentation pointer

In summary, when it comes to adapters for presenting from a MacBook, a VGA adapter is a safe and reliable choice as it is the most commonly used connector for projectors. Although more expensive, an Apple adapter is recommended over cheaper alternatives which may be of lower quality and prone to breaking. As for presentation pointers, Logitech is a trusted brand among colleagues with Macs.
member 428835
Hi PF!

Every time I try to present something from my MacBook I never have an adapter and someone else provides one. Any suggestions on brands? I was thinking of a VGA adapter since that's what seems to be popular.

Also, any brands regarding presentation pointers?

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
joshmccraney said:
Every time I try to present something from my MacBook I never have an adapter and someone else provides one. Any suggestions on brands? I was thinking of a VGA adapter since that's what seems to be popular.
You can't go wrong with a VGA adapter, as this is by far the most common connector for projectors. I have never seen a projector or room setup where there wasn't a VGA connector, and most places where I've been thre was only a VGA cable connection. I would go for an Apple adapter, even though they are more expensive. The cheaper ones I have used before turned out to be cheap in all the meanings of the work and broke easily.

joshmccraney said:
Also, any brands regarding presentation pointers?
I don't use one myself, but I have some colleagues with Macs that have been using Logitech pointers without problems.

Likes member 428835
Hey thanks a ton DrClaude! I'll go with your recommendation!

1. What is a MAC adapter and presentation pointer?

A MAC adapter and presentation pointer is a device that allows you to connect your Mac computer to a projector or external display for presentations. It also includes a remote control pointer that allows you to control your presentation slides without needing to be near your computer.

2. How do I connect my MAC adapter and presentation pointer to my Mac computer?

To connect your MAC adapter and presentation pointer, first plug the adapter into your Mac's USB-C port. Then, connect the cable from the adapter to the projector or external display. Once connected, your Mac will automatically detect the external display and you can use the remote control pointer to navigate your presentation.

3. Can I use a MAC adapter and presentation pointer with any Mac computer?

Most MAC adapter and presentation pointer devices are compatible with Mac computers that have a USB-C port. However, it's always best to check the product specifications before purchasing to ensure compatibility.

4. Are there any special features or functions of a MAC adapter and presentation pointer?

Some MAC adapter and presentation pointer devices may have additional features such as laser pointers, volume control, or built-in timers. These features may vary depending on the brand and model of the device.

5. Can I use a MAC adapter and presentation pointer for any type of presentation software?

Yes, you can use a MAC adapter and presentation pointer with any presentation software that is compatible with your Mac computer. This includes popular programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides.