Machine Parts requiring cleaning in Steel Mills?

In summary, the speaker has recently started a parts cleaning machine manufacturing business and is looking to expand their clientele to include the steel, cement, and power industries. They are seeking advice on what parts in a rolling mill would require cleaning and if there is any literature available to learn about operations and equipment in a steel mill. They also express gratitude for any help that can be provided.
kunalv
Hello all!

I have recently started a Parts Cleaning Machine manufacturing business. Most of my clients are Automobile Manufacturers & Ancillaries.

The last couple of years have been disastrous for the automobile industry here. So I was looking to broaden my horizon and target the Steel Industry.

So I would like to ask any people here working/worked with Steel Industries that, what would be some parts in a Rolling Mill that would require cleaning? I know there are Roll Chocks & Bearings that are cleaned. So besides this, are there other parts?

Is there some literature that would help me learn about the operations & equipment in a Steel Mill?

Also, how about targeting the Cement & Power Industry?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KV

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

1. How often do machine parts in steel mills need to be cleaned?

The frequency of cleaning for machine parts in steel mills can vary depending on several factors such as the type of part, the type of material being processed, and the level of contamination. In general, machine parts should be cleaned at least once a week, but more frequent cleaning may be necessary for heavily used or critical parts.

2. What methods are used to clean machine parts in steel mills?

There are several methods that can be used to clean machine parts in steel mills, including chemical cleaning, high-pressure water blasting, steam cleaning, and abrasive blasting. The method chosen will depend on the type of part, the level of contamination, and the materials being processed.

3. How can I ensure that machine parts are thoroughly cleaned?

To ensure that machine parts are thoroughly cleaned, it is important to follow a systematic cleaning process that includes pre-cleaning, disassembly if necessary, and thorough cleaning using the appropriate method. Regular inspections and testing for residue can also help to ensure that all parts are properly cleaned.

4. What safety precautions should be taken when cleaning machine parts in steel mills?

Cleaning machine parts in steel mills can involve working with hazardous chemicals and equipment, so proper safety precautions should be taken. This may include wearing protective gear, following safety protocols, and ensuring proper ventilation in the cleaning area.

5. Can machine parts in steel mills be cleaned without disrupting production?

In most cases, machine parts in steel mills can be cleaned without disrupting production. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to schedule cleaning during a planned maintenance shutdown to avoid interrupting the production process. It is important to plan ahead and coordinate with production managers to minimize any disruptions.