Magnavox TS2560 B101 demo mode

• Thread starter computerex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mode
In summary, a Magnavox TS2560 B101 television is stuck in demo mode and the manual and remote have been thrown away. Using a universal remote has not been successful due to the need for a 4 digit code, and the TV is stuck in demo mode so changing the channel is not possible. Pushing the volume up and down buttons simultaneously has been suggested as a solution. Another suggestion is to purchase a Phillips Magnavox universal remote, which is available at Walmart for $9. As a last resort, the manual can be found online.
computerex
Hello. I have a Magnavox TS2560 B101 television that is stuck in demo mode. My parents have thrown away the manual along with the remote, and none of the keys on the TV will work. The demo mode simply shows all the TV's features, and plays continuously. The only way to turn the television off is to pull the plug. Does anyone have a clue as to what to do ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
computerex said:
Hello. I have a Magnavox TS2560 B101 television that is stuck in demo mode. My parents have thrown away the manual along with the remote, and none of the keys on the TV will work. The demo mode simply shows all the TV's features, and plays continuously. The only way to turn the television off is to pull the plug. Does anyone have a clue as to what to do ?
Go buy a universal remote. I've had to do that in the past. The Universal remote will set itself to the tv so you can go through the set up.

I HATE THESE TV'S THAT REQUIRE A FREAKING REMOTE.

Would it kill them to put a freaking keypad on the tv or even a "set up" button?

Thanks for your suggestion Evo, however unfortunately I have already attempted, and failed at trying to get the T.V working again using a universal remote. The remote I am using requires me to input a 4 digit code that configures it for each device based on the manufacturer. None of the specified codes seem to work, but I wouldn't know anyway because if you are searching the remote's internal library for the correct code the only way to tell weather the correct code is found is by changing the channel. Unfortunately I can't do that as the TV is stuck in demo mode!

I bought a Phillips Magnavox universal remote for my Magnavox TV and it already had the right code in it.

I was surprised because I was replacing an old universal remote that was very difficult to program. The best way to program a stubborn remote is to push the off button after each entry. I have had a few over the years that that had frequencies that would change the channel but not turn the TV off.

Many of them have a manual programming procedure in which you repeatedly push the off button until you hit one that works. It may take a lot button pushing and it is easy to go on past the right one if you are pressing the button too fast. The last one I remember I had to press the off button 55 times to hit the right frequency.

Edit: I just checked google and several hits mention that to turn off the demo mode you shoul push both the volume up and down button at the same time, but do it only on the ones on the TV.

Last edited:
computerex said:
Thanks for your suggestion Evo, however unfortunately I have already attempted, and failed at trying to get the T.V working again using a universal remote. The remote I am using requires me to input a 4 digit code that configures it for each device based on the manufacturer. None of the specified codes seem to work, but I wouldn't know anyway because if you are searching the remote's internal library for the correct code the only way to tell weather the correct code is found is by changing the channel. Unfortunately I can't do that as the TV is stuck in demo mode!
Your remote doesn't automatically scan for the code, then blink, then shut off and store the code for you? Mine did and I used it on 3 different tv's.

Did you make sure the Universal remote you bought listed your tv model? Not all universal remotes work with all tv models, (go figure).

As a last resort, you can go to Magnavox's website and order the replacement remote from them, but it's going to cost a lot more.

Last edited:
I fond my Phillips Magnaxox universal remote at Walmart. It cost 9 bucks.

Definitely try pushing both the volume + and volume - button at the same time to get the TV out of Demo mode.

Just look up the manual online...

Thanks guys! It seems pushing the volume up and volume down buttons simultaneously does the trick! Thanks!

1. What is the purpose of the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101?

The "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101 is a feature that allows the device to display its capabilities and features in a simulated environment. It is commonly used in stores or trade shows to showcase the product to potential customers.

2. How do I activate the "demo mode" on my Magnavox TS2560 B101?

To activate the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101, you can usually find a button or setting labeled "demo" on the device or its remote control. Pressing this button or selecting the "demo" setting will initiate the demo mode.

3. Can I exit the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101?

Yes, you can exit the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101 by pressing the "demo" button again or selecting the "exit demo" option in the settings menu. This will return the device to its normal functioning mode.

4. Will the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101 affect its regular performance?

No, the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101 is designed to only showcase the device's features and will not affect its regular performance. Once you exit the demo mode, the device will resume its normal functioning.

5. Can I customize the content displayed in the "demo mode" on the Magnavox TS2560 B101?

It depends on the device and its capabilities. Some devices may allow you to customize the content displayed in the demo mode, while others may have a pre-set demo reel. Check the user manual or contact the manufacturer for more information on customization options.