Magnetic field inside and outside the rectangular conductor

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the magnetic field result from DC current flow through a rectangular transmission line using finite difference methods. The equation used is curl curl A =µ J with div A=0, and the current is uniform on the crosssection. There is a mention of implementing a MATLAB code, but it didn't provide logical results, indicating a potential issue with the boundary conditions. The speaker proposes using symmetry plans and solving the problem for a quarter conductor. They also inquire about the appropriate boundary conditions for this problem and suggest using Ampere's law as an approximation.
merro
Hi
I want to find the magnetic field result from DC current flow through the rectangular transmission line numerically by using the finite difference.
the solved equation is curl curl A =µ J , with div A=0, and J is a uniform current on the crosssection.
I implement the MATLAB code , but the result is not logical, so i think the boundary condition is the problem
I take the symmetry plans , one vertical and other Horzi. and solve the problem for quarter conductor.
my question the boundary conditions for that problem

thank you in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
Couldn't you just use amperes law and model it as a sheet current, at least that would give you an approximation.

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is an invisible force that surrounds a magnet or a current-carrying conductor. It is responsible for the movement of charged particles and can be detected using a compass or other specialized tools.

2. How does a magnetic field behave inside a rectangular conductor?

Inside a rectangular conductor, the magnetic field forms a closed loop around the conductor, with the direction of the field lines determined by the direction of the current flow. The field strength is directly proportional to the current and inversely proportional to the distance from the conductor.

3. Is the magnetic field inside and outside a rectangular conductor the same?

No, the magnetic field inside and outside a rectangular conductor is not the same. Inside the conductor, the field lines form a closed loop, while outside the conductor, the field lines extend into the surrounding space, forming a larger loop.

4. How can the magnetic field inside a rectangular conductor be controlled?

The magnetic field inside a rectangular conductor can be controlled by changing the current flow through the conductor. Increasing the current will increase the strength of the field, while decreasing the current will weaken the field.

5. What is the significance of the magnetic field inside and outside a rectangular conductor?

The magnetic field inside and outside a rectangular conductor is significant because it is responsible for the movement of charged particles, which is the basis for many technological applications such as electric motors and generators. Understanding the behavior of the magnetic field is essential for designing and optimizing these devices.