Magnetostatics. Calculate the magnetic flux density.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
beyondlight
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Problem description:

A wery long, than and flat metal plate of width 2a carries the total current I in the z-direction. The current density is uniformely distributed over the metal plate. A point P of particular interest is also shown in the figure, where the point has the position r=ax+ay.

Figure: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4htkyt&s=5

Task: Calculate the magnetic flux density at point P.

Question:

I think the appropriate formula to calculate the flux density is

[itex]\int B \cdot dl= \mu I[/itex]

But the current is spread over the x-axis, so can i change the metal plate into a easier geometry that has the identical magnetic field, or an easier way to calculate the MFD, so to say?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Does this task maybe fit mor into the advanced forum?