1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Major and Transferring Info Needed!

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    I was wondering if I could go to a 4 year university for 2 years instead of 4. Can I do all my GER's at that 2 year university, then transfer to a more prestigious school and declare a major there? Will that be a good idea? Because the university I'm planning on attending for 2 years doesn't offer the major that I want (biochem).

Or do you guys think it will be better if I declare my major as bio at the 2 year and then switch majors when I transfer?

No one in my family has gone to college before so I'm pretty much going into this blindly, and I'm in need of some help because I don't know how all of this works.

Thank you,

Raisel

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2012 #2
    Your best bet is to talk to the school you plan on transferring to. They will know more specifically what your best course of action would be.

4. Apr 26, 2012 #3
    Ok, thank you very much! I'm also thinking about bio/math major...do you have any perspective on that?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook