What Are Men Really Wearing This Fall?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fall
In summary,There are a lot of men who don't like this shirt because it is the same as the others they are wearing, or because they had to wear it. It is strange that the person wearing the shirt would not get a lot of attention. The shirt is from the '60s or earlier and it would not be appropriate for a bedroom. Men would not want to wear this shirt, and would only do so if they were on a runway.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Male Fall Fashion...really?

Ok, I want to know how many men want to wear this shirt. Do these guys look mad because they're wearing the same outfit, or because they had to wear the shirt. Are those wild animals?

Attachments

• mens_fall_fashion_2011.jpg
    mens_fall_fashion_2011.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Strangely, I could probably wear this without anyone at work raising an eyebrow.

[PLAIN]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1651/2011menfashion1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo said:
Ok, I want to know how many men want to wear this shirt. Do these guy look mad because they're wearing the same outfit, or because they had to wear the shirt. Are those wild animals?
It's going to take me three years to get my hair in fashion for this year.

Newai said:
Strangely, I could probably wear this without anyone at work raising an eyebrow.

[PLAIN]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1651/2011menfashion1.jpg[/QUOTE]Where on Earth would a guy wear this? Certainly not in the bedroom, women would be laughing too hard.

Evo said:
Where on Earth would a guy wear this? Certainly not in the bedroom, women would be laughing too hard.

Uh, yeah. And that's right, they would! Ah, silly men! I know exactly what you mean. No self-respecting man would ever think about buying that or anything by John Galliano. I would never, ever do that. Ever.

So.

I got to go and will check back with you all later. Okay? Cool.Silly men...

Evo said:
Ok, I want to know how many men want to wear this shirt. Do these guys look mad because they're wearing the same outfit, or because they had to wear the shirt. Are those wild animals?
Wait. What year was this. From the looks of the hair, it must have been in the '60s.

If not, maybe I should start growing my hair again to be in style. :devil:

Newai said:
Uh, yeah. And that's right, they would! Ah, silly men! I know exactly what you mean. No self-respecting man would ever think about buying that or anything by John Galliano. I would never, ever do that. Ever.

So.

I got to go and will check back with you all later. Okay? Cool.

Silly men...
<snork!>

Evo said:
Where on Earth would a guy wear this? Certainly not in the bedroom, women would be laughing too hard.
On the catwalk, the only place any of the clothes from Planet Designer are worn.

Newai said:

[PLAIN]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1651/2011menfashion1.jpg[/QUOTE]

Isn't this one by DINKY? :smile:

Evo said:
I'm fully cognizant of places here in Oslo where he would make a success wearing that outfit.

Not as much success as he would get WITHOUT that particular outfit or anything else, but that's totally beside your question, anyways..

Evo said:

If it were longer, they might wear it on a wrestling mat or in an olympic swimming pool, but that's about it.

Evo said:
They are 40 years too late. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I don't think that's to impress women. :smile:

Every once in a while, I'll click on a fashion-show link, to be amazed by the crap that designers would wrap anorexic waifs in. Most of their "designs" will never be seen off the runway. I guess if you are a male model, you just have to swallow your pride, and perhaps pretend to be tough to salvage your self-respect.

Likes gracy

Astronuc said:
I don't think that's to impress women. :smile:

Truer words I never heard. LOL

I don't get it. It looks like an ordinary baseball cap to me.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I don't get it. It looks like an ordinary baseball cap to me.

Yup and the first male model I ever saw that didn't has a big head...

Evo said:

nah, they look http://www.rollingstone.com/choosethecover/artists/the-sheepdogs" to me.

Evo said:
What's really sad is they get paid to look like that and have their picture taken.

Are those bears with their mouths open on their shirts?

Stop making fun of my outfitsMy mom picked up out for me... :(

3128e8k.jpg

Ahahaha! Excellent as always lisab!

lisab said:
3128e8k.jpg
Killer!

Oh, thanks lisab. Now he's going to kill me. And then put that thing on my lifeless body.

He should've worn the shirt in Evo's pic.

Astronuc said:
What's really sad is they get paid to look like that and have their picture taken.

I'm sure they're crying all the way to the bank.

I would.

Let us not forget this classic in men's fashion:

Attachments

• threewolfmoon.jpg
    threewolfmoon.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 380

I swear I saw a dude wearing this outfit on WWF last month - sans the goofy shoes.

Newai said:

This isn't part of a gimp suit en vogue is it?

chiro said:
This isn't part of a gimp suit en vogue is it?

I'd post a link, but the rest of that site looked way too inappropriate for PF.

And the women would die if they saw some of the other guys.

Wow! Both are ugly outfits!

Male fashion is an oxymoron. Most guys that I know couldn't care less What they are wearing, as long as it is cheap and functional. If you ever see me wearing anything other than T-shirts and jeans (with perhaps a sweatshirt or fleece in cold weather), you'll be at my funeral, and I won't care.

Newai said:

I honestly don't understand "fashion" shows. They certainly do not show anything that anyone would actually wear. As someone who produced real product at work...I don't understand why fashion designers get paid to do stuff like this. Why don't they get a real job?

I know I'm probably wrong on some level, but I still don't get it.

i think it's just that ridiculously-wealthy cougars like to have fun dressing their pool boys in equally-ridiculous outfits.

Someone posted this on another site. I am not sure just how serious the article is. The last picture in the series is much like the bathing suit one already posted... but worse.
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/mankinis-murses-and-man-bags-a-glossary-of-mens-fashion-terms-2550341#photoViewer=1

<h2>1. What are the popular colors for men's fall fashion this year?</h2><p>The popular colors for men's fall fashion this year are earthy tones such as olive green, rust red, and mustard yellow. Darker shades of blue and gray are also popular, as well as deep jewel tones like burgundy and emerald green.</p><h2>2. Are there any specific trends in men's clothing for this fall season?</h2><p>Yes, some popular trends for men's fall fashion this year include oversized coats and jackets, chunky knit sweaters, and plaid or checkered patterns. Leather and suede materials are also popular, especially in jackets and boots.</p><h2>3. What types of footwear are popular for men this fall?</h2><p>Boots are a staple for men's fall fashion, with Chelsea boots and combat boots being particularly popular. Sneakers are also a popular choice, with chunky, retro styles being on-trend. Loafers and dress shoes are great options for more formal occasions.</p><h2>4. Are there any must-have accessories for men this fall?</h2><p>Scarves are a popular accessory for men's fall fashion, adding both style and warmth. Beanies and fedoras are also trendy options for headwear. As for jewelry, men are opting for minimalistic pieces such as simple chain necklaces or leather bracelets.</p><h2>5. Can men still wear shorts in the fall?</h2><p>While shorts are typically associated with warmer weather, they can still be worn in the fall season. Opt for longer, knee-length shorts in darker colors and pair them with boots and a sweater or jacket for a stylish and weather-appropriate look.</p>

FAQ: What Are Men Really Wearing This Fall?

1. What are the popular colors for men's fall fashion this year?

The popular colors for men's fall fashion this year are earthy tones such as olive green, rust red, and mustard yellow. Darker shades of blue and gray are also popular, as well as deep jewel tones like burgundy and emerald green.

2. Are there any specific trends in men's clothing for this fall season?

Yes, some popular trends for men's fall fashion this year include oversized coats and jackets, chunky knit sweaters, and plaid or checkered patterns. Leather and suede materials are also popular, especially in jackets and boots.

3. What types of footwear are popular for men this fall?

Boots are a staple for men's fall fashion, with Chelsea boots and combat boots being particularly popular. Sneakers are also a popular choice, with chunky, retro styles being on-trend. Loafers and dress shoes are great options for more formal occasions.

4. Are there any must-have accessories for men this fall?

Scarves are a popular accessory for men's fall fashion, adding both style and warmth. Beanies and fedoras are also trendy options for headwear. As for jewelry, men are opting for minimalistic pieces such as simple chain necklaces or leather bracelets.

5. Can men still wear shorts in the fall?

While shorts are typically associated with warmer weather, they can still be worn in the fall season. Opt for longer, knee-length shorts in darker colors and pair them with boots and a sweater or jacket for a stylish and weather-appropriate look.