Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mass spectrometry: does anyone know what could be this compound?

1. Apr 9, 2014 #1
    Dear all,
    I got some results from mass spectrometry analysis of liquid samples (I am not really familiar with mass spectrometry). And I was wondering what could it be a compound with molecular mass of 167.06 and suggested formulas from the software: C2H11N4O3Si or C3H11N4O2S, the second gives a i-Fit (norm) of 0.0 so maybe is the most probable.

Does anyone know what kind of compound it is? could it be derived from tricyclic aldehydes ?

Then I have another compound with molecular weight of 195.06 and most probable formula C5H15O5Ca. Could this be derived for instance from naphtalene compounds ?

Thank you soo much,
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2014 #2

Gold Member

Pictures of the mass spectra would help.
  4. Apr 10, 2014 #3
    Mass spectrum

Thanks for your reply,

you are perfectly right, in the attached files you can find the spectrum and a small report on the most abundant components.

Hope this will help.

Best wishes.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted