[MATLAB] - Can someone recommend me a book

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter R A V E N
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Matlab
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for resources to learn MATLAB and the recommendation of the book "Mastering MATLAB." The speaker also suggests having a "bible" or reference book handy due to the frustration that may arise when using the software. The conversation ends with a humorous anecdote about adding hand soap to a line of shots.
R A V E N
...exclusively with exercises from MATLAB? I found many theoretical books,but that is not what I need.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Dr Transport,thank you for your reply.

You should also have a bible / similar handy, since all the cursing you're going to be doing at that silly software will make you feel guilty.

But I only believe in C/C++ Bible.

csprof2000 said:
You should also have a bible / similar handy, since all the cursing you're going to be doing at that silly software will make you feel guilty.

Shot glass + Liquid soap

The grown-up reimagining of an old classic (I had friends that actually did this to someone on their birthday--snuck a shot of hand soap into a line of shots the birthday boy was doing).

1. Can you suggest a good book for beginners to learn MATLAB?

Yes, "MATLAB for Dummies" by Jim Sizemore and John Paul Mueller is a great book for beginners. It provides a comprehensive introduction to the basics of MATLAB, including syntax, functions, and plotting.

2. Is there a book that covers advanced topics in MATLAB?

Yes, "Advanced Engineering Mathematics with MATLAB" by Dean G. Duffy is a popular choice for learning advanced MATLAB topics. It covers topics such as numerical methods, differential equations, and linear algebra using MATLAB.

3. Can you recommend a book that focuses on MATLAB for data analysis?

"MATLAB for Data Science" by Phil Kim is a great choice for those interested in using MATLAB for data analysis. It covers topics such as data manipulation, visualization, and machine learning using MATLAB.

4. Is there a book that specifically covers MATLAB for engineers?

Yes, "Essential MATLAB for Engineers and Scientists" by Brian Hahn and Daniel Valentine is a popular choice for engineers looking to learn MATLAB. It covers topics such as control systems, signal processing, and image processing using MATLAB.

5. Are there any online resources or tutorials you would recommend in addition to a book?

Yes, MathWorks, the company behind MATLAB, offers free online tutorials and resources for learning MATLAB. Additionally, websites such as Udemy and Coursera offer online courses on MATLAB taught by experts in the field.