Maximizing Free Time: An Aspiring STEM Student's Journey in Math and Programming

• Thread starter MAAntonius
  • Start date
MAAntonius
Hello all,

I'm an aspiring STEM student who holds a strong interest in Mathematics and Computer Science. I'm active duty Navy, 24 years old, and try to spend a reasonable amount of time developing my ability in these areas despite whatever workload demands may arise and being an old, uneducated dude.

I have an AA in Fine Arts and only made it up to Calc I in a three course sequence, but am so rusty with it and trigonometry that I've gotten a $3 used text for Precalc from Amazon to review! I loved the logic courses I took from the Philosophy department and the proof aspects of geometry and trigonometry throughout school.

Basically, I aim to best use my free time for the rest of my enlistment by studying as much math and programming as I can. I'd love to pursue actuarial science at some point, but for now just want to learn as much as I can to be ready for the rigors of the future.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being part of the community here.

With respectful regards,
MAAntonius

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, I hope you will enjoy your time here. Those active in the navy, merchant or military, receive my respect. Good luck with your studies!

Likes MAAntonius
Welcome to PF!

Likes MAAntonius
Hey, thank you gentlemen. Seems like a great community and very welcoming!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Welcome, MAA, and thanks very much for your service! :smile:

Likes MAAntonius